Orlando Residents Introduce Yourself

sunshine

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack because I tried Wacko Jacko at another site and remarkable it was taken (it was during the MJ trial). So I stuck with Jack.

But seriously, MJ in the 80's was some awesome. What happened. If he had just shut up and went to go live in Thailand, his legacy would have been protected and we would have remembered him for greatness not "wackoness".

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Chris and I'm 18 years old. Lived here in Orlando for all my life (you don't often hear that anymore). I've lived in Morningside Park for most of those eighteen years. It's a small neighborhood off OBT near the Florida Mall. Yeah, I know what you're thinking; what a dump. Not for me though. Even though over the past ten years the area has really deteriorated it's still home for me.

Hello,

My name is Chris and I'm 18 years old. Lived here in Orlando for all my life (you don't often hear that anymore). I've lived in Morningside Park for most of those eighteen years. It's a small neighborhood off OBT near the Florida Mall. Yeah, I know what you're thinking; what a dump. Not for me though. Even though over the past ten years the area has really deteriorated it's still home for me.

Hey - my name is Steve. I used to post on here quite a bit but now kind of sit back and read what everyone has to say. I'm 31 years old and grew up in Upstate NY. Studied Engineering & Architecture for my undergrad and somehow became a RE agent (for about 4 years now). Moved to Orlando in '98. Feel like I've lived all over town (Metro West, E. Orlando) and currently live, work and primarily play downtown. Love to see and hear what everyone has to say about whats going on out there!!!

I'm not sure if its worthy of its own thread, but perhaps it might be interesting to know what everyones member name means or how you came up with it.

Mine for example: well, its pretty self-explanatory.

Who else?

• 1 month later...

I'm a florida native, raised in palm beach county. moved to orlando in 96. I finally feel like Orlando is home. don't miss much about south florida other than my friends and the bike riding. my username is a derivation of my real name and it's a nick close family and friends use from time to time.

I'm a planner by trade working for a private firm in the area. I live in Wadeview park, the area around Boone High School south of Kaley and north of Michigan. I love it.

• 1 month later...

Just turned 32. My screen name is pretty obvious. Move to the waverly in 2005. Loving it so far. And I love Orlando, feel like we are helping shape it. Weekdays you can see me walking back and forth to work (Waverly to Day Building), and weekend, usually hang out at Caseys. Environmental Engineer here.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just turned 32. My screen name is pretty obvious. Move to the waverly in 2005. Loving it so far. And I love Orlando, feel like we are helping shape it. Weekdays you can see me walking back and forth to work (Waverly to Day Building), and weekend, usually hang out at Caseys. Environmental Engineer here.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Login name is "fenderbender" - named for Fender guitars, not smashed cars :) I'm 32, and looking to relocate from the 'burbs to downtown. I stumbled on these forums while poking around on the web for a new condo - and they're great - nice community you have here.

Anyway, after evaluating whether or not I want to own a house again, I'm looking at making "the leap" to a condo in the near future for the low-maintenance lifestyle, fun, and a pretty drastic reduction in my commute to work. I'm taking my time... the market seems to be all over the place. I'm open to advice so I'll be popping up from time to time on these boards.

'figured I'd say a quick hello... so... Hello! :)

Hello everyone. Login name is "fenderbender" - named for Fender guitars, not smashed cars :) I'm 32, and looking to relocate from the 'burbs to downtown. I stumbled on these forums while poking around on the web for a new condo - and they're great - nice community you have here.

Anyway, after evaluating whether or not I want to own a house again, I'm looking at making "the leap" to a condo in the near future for the low-maintenance lifestyle, fun, and a pretty drastic reduction in my commute to work. I'm taking my time... the market seems to be all over the place. I'm open to advise so I'll be popping up from time to time on these boards.

'figured I'd say a quick hello... so... Hello! :)

hello! my username is my name...well minus the 777 :huh:

i work downtown...cuz dowwwwwwwntown, things will be great when your dowwwwwwntown! hahah

i have lived in orlando since '94... went to lake howell highschool > university high school > ucf > no more, i hate school! hahah

My name is Donnie and my screen name is a combo of my 2 fav bands, "the Cure" and "Depeche Mode" and I live in Orlando. I'm 31 and have lived here my whole life. I grad from Evans High School in '94 and UCF in '00 w/a BA in Interpersonal Communications. I live in Pine Hills with my folks (after living all over metro Orlando) and am saving $$$ for a house. I work in Maitland, so hopefully I'll find something around there. I've been posting on here every once in a while; but I mostly read the posts now. Sometimes I think I'll have something important to say, and that's when I'll chime in.

Archived