Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomcampion

The Artesia

19 posts in this topic

What ever happened to this project ? Is it dead or still being planned ?

For those of us who aren't familiar with the dog park, where exactly is this (streets, side of Centennial Park, etc.)?

For those of us who aren't familiar with the dog park, where exactly is this (streets, side of Centennial Park, etc.)?

The site in question is across Parthenon Ave. from the dog park.

The land has been cleared for about a month and a half. I dont know what is happening at this point. No work has been done there for a while

The rendering looks like a third grade kid did it as an art class project. I hope they spend more money on the development of the property.

200621249 BUILDING COMMERCIAL - NEW 09214005400 11-OCT-06 25-MAY-07 $1,000,000

Address: 2905 PARTHENON AVE Subdivision / Lot: LOT 57 REVISED WEST END PARK

Purpose

Construct shell only for "Artesia" condos consisting of 17 two bedroom units in one building including one level

parking garage in basement.

I forgot to post this as I drove by over the weekend and they were digging at the site. Jolted my memory. There are 2 or 3 more homes being taken down in adjacent lots as well.

I took some photos of this building yesterday and it is going to be a really cool looking building IMO. I have only one issue and that is the junk that surrounds this development that I will show as well.

Enjoy :)

The front on Parthenon Court facing the dog run

IMG_5452.jpg

IMG_5446.jpg

The back of Artesia (notice all the power lines)

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5448.jpg

IMG_5449.jpg

The view from the back.

This is substandard housing with gravel parking lots, dumpsters, trash cans, and utility lines. If you are up high enough you will be able to overlook the trees and have a view of the Parthenon Towers. The building does look great coming down 31st Ave.

IMG_5450.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

I have no doubt that the apartments in the last couple of shots will be redeveloped at some point in time. They are low rent and not in very good shape and face Centennial Park. That property is worth a mint.

That's yet another nice project for that area near the Parthenon. I haven't been over there in nearly a year, but a year ago the construction was amazing. Has the construction continued at a strong pace over there during the past year, or has it cooled off a little bit?

That's yet another nice project for that area near the Parthenon. I haven't been over there in nearly a year, but a year ago the construction was amazing. Has the construction continued at a strong pace over there during the past year, or has it cooled off a little bit?

This project has turned out much different that I envisioned. The color of the brick here is sort of cool along with the green barrel roofs.

DSC_0006.jpg