Towne Center

richyb83

The site of a former horse ranch; owners kept development at bay for 200 years.

Located in the heart of one of BR's most established residential districts; developers were

not about to compromise with another "big-box".

The new Towne Center at Cedar Lodge on Jefferson Hwy. @ Corporate Blvd. is an open-air lifestyle center; including 400,000 sq.ft. of retail, restaurant and office space. A blend of national, regional and local retailers. Some new to the area.

http://www.townecenteratcedarlodge.com/AboutUs.asp

This site plan does not include the residential the nearby-Reserve at Cedar Lodge(Corporate Blvd.) and soon the Enclave(Jefferson) off to the left.

The opening of the Towne Center to the left leads to the new Residence Inn by Marriott currentlybeing built.

And does not include Phase II Towne Center Business Park where the circular-shaped road is now complete of Corporate Blvd.

townecentersiteplanph8.gif

Entrance from Corporate Blvd.

batonrouge001nf4.jpg

batonrouge002ey2.jpg

Entrance from Towne Center Blvd.

batonrouge004sp7.jpg

Anchor; Whole Foods Market

batonrouge008cx4.jpg

batonrouge010zl8.jpg

Leaving Towne Center Blvd. Long strip shopping center anchored by Christian Street Furniture

batonrouge006aw7.jpg

Looking at the end of Towne Center Blvd. at the edge of the retail portion;

far left is an Omni Bank branch nearly complete(older pic)

batonrouge005be4.jpg

townecenter2fk3.jpg

townecenter6yx9.jpg

State Farm operations center

townecenter3rc8.jpg

batonrouge007pv4.jpg

Sorry for bad sun angle taken from in front of Whole Foods

Arrow pointing down at the 22-story Marriott over a mile away hovering above the tree tops

batonrouge009mf1.jpg

I decided not to take pics of restaurant row; PF Changs, Fleming's Steakhouse, Carrabbas

Hope yall liked !

The site of a former horse ranch; owners kept development at bay for 200 years.

Located in the heart of one of BR's most established residential districts; developers were

not about to compromise with another "big-box".

The new Towne Center at Cedar Lodge on Jefferson Hwy. @ Corporate Blvd. is an open-air lifestyle center; including 400,000 sq.ft. of retail, restaurant and office space. A blend of national, regional and local retailers. Some new to the area.

I decided not to take pics of restaurant row; PF Changs, Fleming's Steakhouse...

PF Chang's, Fleming's, Whole Foods, Bonefish...

<_<

I'm SO friggin jealous! :lol: Not to mention this center looks AWESOME!!

Oh Really? Where?
I was wondering the same thing! Do tell!!

Arlington Creek? Never heard of it... Tell me more...

I think he's talking about a new large shopping center at Burbank Ave. and West Lee Drive south of LSU. It was at one time an oil field. It's supposed resemble the architecture on LSU's campus. It might be that Mediterranean style terra-cotta roofing that looks so nice IMO. The shopping center will also feature a iconic clock tower too.

Cool Dan the man; we are a good team :thumbsup:

I am hearing Arlington Creek will be 300 acres and be a "mixed-use project". So residential should be included. It looks like it could be on the SW intersection of Burbank/Lee. I can't wait to see some renderings.

yeah...y'all are keeping me informed!

burbank and lee?? that seems like an odd location. that area is subject to flooding and it just doesn't seem to have a mass of high-income residents needed for projects like this. and it's also not in an existing retail corridor. maybe they're banking on LSU students being the bulk of customers. i don't know about this one... :huh:

yeah...y'all are keeping me informed!

burbank and lee?? that seems like an odd location. that area is subject to flooding and it just doesn't seem to have a mass of high-income residents needed for projects like this. and it's also not in an existing retail corridor. maybe they're banking on LSU students being the bulk of customers. i don't know about this one... :huh:

LSU Ave? University Hills? Highland Road? Riverbend?

Oh yeah....parts of those areas are pretty high-end. Maybe not Bocage-grade...but very very nice.

That area is prime for a major retail center....has been for years. Parts of that area is wetlands, part is oilfield....so the wetlands will require a $8,000 set aside per acer developed. Something like that would be an interesting mix of high end retail stores and stores targeted toward trendy college students.

I think they can use more shopping in that area. Lee drive is such a pain to drive on most of the day. That alone makes College Drive seem so disant. It will be nice to have retail that isn't along a major freeway.

Edited by brresident

LSU Ave? University Hills? Highland Road? Riverbend?

Oh yeah....parts of those areas are pretty high-end. Maybe not Bocage-grade...but very very nice.

That area is prime for a major retail center....has been for years. Parts of that area is wetlands, part is oilfield....so the wetlands will require a $8,000 set aside per acer developed. Something like that would be an interesting mix of high end retail stores and stores targeted toward trendy college students.

I think they can use more shopping in that area. Lee drive is such a pain to drive on most of the day. That alone makes College Drive seem so disant. It will be nice to have retail that isn't along a major freeway.

Residential development is blowing up all down Burbank and I'm sure that newly opened stretch of Bluebonnet that extends to Nicholson will will be all residential in the next 5-10 years.

• 2 months later...

^Thanks again Dan

Towne Center details growth; encompasses 100 acres (48 of that devoted to retail)

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/business/6285162.html

I took this pic off BR Growth/Dev. a few months back before I figured out the straight-line on google sketch :rolleyes:

tcim3kr6.png

Thanks for the update, richyb. Towne Center is really something, and must be a real treat for all those residents around Bocage and Tara. When the business park is finished the Corporate Blvd metamorphosis will be almost complete...any one know if Joe Muggs will follow Books-A-Million? I saw a Books-A-Million in Mississippi that also had a Joe Muggs.

Edited by bluff2085

• 2 months later...

No problem bluff2085, anytime I can help :thumbsup: I am curious to know what might be built on Corporate across from CitiPlace??

*My Suggestion* to the developers; Because this is a very nice Towne Center at a great location! And an in-fil project too.

>>Walking trails connecting the residential componet(left) the Reserve and the Enclave to the Towne Center. The trail would go behind the business park to the new hotel and new Books-A-Million. The narrow green strip of undeveloped land to the right of CAMD could have a small pond with fountain and park benches to hang-out; Along the trails could be some lamp-post too.

Then it would be a "True" Towne Center! What do yall think?? I sent this request to the developer the other day; hopefully not on Deaf ears??

• 11 months later...

The term "tower" is used loosely these days? Might 4-stories qualify?? Just trying to do a little math here. Good to see the Business Park will begin to fill-up. Looking forward to seeing the type of modern architecture along the Corporate Blvd. corridor! Is the Republic Finance bldg. 3-stories going up next to Residence Inn??

New office buildings proposed for Towne Center

Plans are in the works to build two multistory office towers in the Towne Center at Cedar Lodge. George Kurz of Kurz & Hebert Commercial Real Estate, who serves as a leasing agent for the development, says the towers would face Corporate Boulevard and have a combined total of 150,000 square feet of space. "The people who are trying to move forward with that have an interest in doing office condos, with someone owning a whole floor with 16,000 to 20,000 square feet per floor," says Kurz. The Creekstone Companies, which developed Towne Center, is one of the potential developers of the offices, along with another group, Kurz says. Along with retailers, restaurants and a hotel, Towne Center is home to several businesses, including local offices for State Farm Insurance and Omni Bank. Republic Finance is also building in Towne Center and should open its 35,000-square-foot building by the end of the year. Kurz says the new buildings hope to attract more financial institutions or attorneys and professionals. "You're well located to all points of East Baton Rouge Parish in Towne Center," he says. Further back in Towne Center, a tract by LSU's J. Bennett Johnston Sr. Center for Advanced Microstructures & Devices sold to an investment group last week for a little over $1 million. Kurz says the long-term goal is to put another office building there too. -- Timothy Boone

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/rea...-weekly/latest/

Edited by richyb83

• 8 months later...

A series of 5-story condos called "The Lofts"?? That will look great near Towne Center; just what the area needs; some more high-density(even higher); sounds like a crucial infil project! The 3-story condo's that line the perimeter; The Enclave; Reserve @ Cedar Lodge; and Millenium look nice; but 5 stories would set it off!

Planning Commission to vote on condo development

A 99-unit condominium development near the Towne Center at Cedar Lodge is set to go before the Planning Commission on Monday afternoon. Developer Mark Washauer is asking to rezone a four-acre tract off Jefferson Highway to build The Lofts, a series of five-story condo buildings.

http://www.businessreport.com/archives/daily-report/latest/