Fascinating article on Wal-Mart International in today's News

KJW

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to put this comment, but I thought some of you might find it interesting.....this came to mind today when I was at the Fitness Center, though it took place a few months back.

I took part in the Body for Life challenge at the Walton Fitness Center this year. Several of the former national champions spoke at the kickoff meeting, which I attended. These guys said they have been in countless fitness facilities around the country, and they rank the Walton Life Fitness Center as one of the best, if not THE best, to be found. They said you just don't find gyms with the sheer size, variety of facilities and equipment, programs, etc that we have. I thought that was interesting. I knew the WLFC was good, but I had no idea it was THAT good. When you think about it, though, there's very little that is not offered there.

What was really sad was that these guys were not allowed to use the facilities! I guess it makes sense, since they are not Wal-mart associates. They were complaining about the crappy hotel fitness room, with broken equipment. They had a hard time finding a place to work out, but I think they eventually ended up at Gold's gym.

Me too, weekday mornings, Monday/Wed/Fri, and then also whenever the kids have a class. I love the YAC; it's a great place to leave the kids. So convenient, the staff is great, it's 2 bucks an hour, and the kids love it. I would never have been able to stick with it for this long without that option.

Yeah, the weight room is great. That's where I am most of the time, since I have a good treadmill at home. They have every machine anyone could possibly need, IMO. It's taken me a year and half, but I'm pretty comfortable with most of them now. Steve (one of the trainers) has helped me a lot.

My one complaint about the place is that they sometimes bake muffins at the Cool Down (snack bar) in the morning. The place smells like a bakery. Who the heck needs that, when you're trying to work out? :wacko:

Probably against policy. But there is two full sized basketball courts, 10-12 tennis courts, large weight room, 6-7 raquetball courts, an olympic sized swimming pool, a smaller pool, an outdoor track, an indoor track, snack bar, and dozens of classrooms. The total amount of square feet is about 350,000 spread out between two buildings.

Archived