We need one of these at UrbanPlanet

monsoon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okey here's a bullet proof way to rid your establishment of those pesky whiper snappers. Pipe some polka music through your PA system and watch how fast teens run away.

Seriously as for this teen repelling device, it won't work esp. here in America.

1) Most teens have the ear buds of an iPod jammed in there ears with Rip-your-intestines-out-and-eat-them-raw Death Metal or Snoop Digggity Gansta Rap being piped loudly into their skulls.

2) Teens old enough to drive will have turned there ear drums into Swiss cheese with huge Rockford Foss-Bomb subwoofers powered by zillion watt amplifiers cramed into their Handa Civics, Scions, and any Japanese sport compact.

Any of these two factors will cause teens or anybody to lose the ability to hear the teen repelling device's high frequencies.

Downtown raises a good point. When we adults complain about those "trouble making" teens, how much of it is out of shear prejudice and how much of it stems from actual trouble making? When I was a teenager, I didn't like the way most adults looked at me with that belittling "psfff, You Punk!" look on their faces or the elderly woman clinching her purse as I walked by. But now that I'm on the other side of the fence I can see why adults tend to paint a negative picture of teens. Adults have been around the block a few times and have learned from their mistakes which tends to make seeing other people making those same mistakes annoying. Since many teens are still going through that phase of learning from their mistakes, they tend to be the scapegoats of scorning adults. Further painting a negative picture of teens are the media when they vividly highlight things like, gangs, drugs, and crime. With these factors combined it makes it way too easy for we adults to forget that we were teens ourselves and to fall into that "you darn whipper snappers" routine.

So Instead of inventing devices to repel those whipper snappers and punks, we adults really should be finding ways to work with city officials, public schools, youth organizations, and parents, to find ways to keep teens out of trouble by providing positive, creative, and educational ways for them to vent their energy.

Downtown raises a good point. When we adults complain about those "trouble making" teens, how much of it is out of shear prejudice and how much of it stems from actual trouble making? When I was a teenager, I didn't like the way most adults looked at me with that belittling "psfff, You Punk!" look on their faces or the elderly woman clinching her purse as I walked by. But now that I'm on the other side of the fence I can see why adults tend to paint a negative picture of teens. Adults have been around the block a few times and have learned from their mistakes which tends to make seeing other people making those same mistakes annoying. Since many teens are still going through that phase of learning from their mistakes, they tend to be the scapegoats of scorning adults. Further painting a negative picture of teens are the media when they vividly highlight things like, gangs, drugs, and crime. With these factors combined it makes it way too easy for we adults to forget that we were teens ourselves and to fall into that "you darn whipper snappers" routine.

So Instead of inventing devices to repel those whipper snappers and punks, we adults really should be finding ways to work with city officials, public schools, youth organizations, and parents, to find ways to keep teens out of trouble by providing positive, creative, and educational ways for them to vent their energy.

^I couldnt agree with you more. My dad used to spank me when i did bad stuf, and im glad he did it. If you dont learn to respect other people your not going to get anywhere in life. When i used to do something my parents told me not to, i would get spanked. In extreme cases my mom would get out this big wooden spoon; after that, i didnt do what i just got in trouble for again.

Teens should be able to find their own ways to keep out of trouble, if i can do it, so can they.

Archived