Target coming to Rogers?

mcheiss

I managed to score a list of Target Distribution Centers. As well, Target doesn't recieve it's grocery items from any Target Distribution Center. Instead, they recieve groceries from companies that they have pared with. I do know that the produce in SuperTargets comes from Supervalu, which is another grocery store chain. It's a bit odd that they do it like that, since Wal-mart has seperate Distribution Centers from General Merchandise and Grocery.

Huntsville, AL

Maumelle, AR

Phoenix, AZ

Fontana, CA

Rialto-Ontario, CA

Rialto, CA

Shafter, CA

Woodland, CA

Pueblo, CO

Midway, GA

Savannah, GA

Tifton, GA

Cedar Falls, IA

Dekalb, IL

Indianapolis, IN

Topeka, KS

Kalamazoo, MI

Fridley, MN

Woodbury, MN

Amsterdamn, NY

Wilton, NY

West Jefferson, OH

Albany, OR

Chambersburg, PA

Lugoff, SC

Midlothian, TX

Tyler, TX

Stuarts Draft, VA

Suffolk, VA

Lacey, WA

Oconomowoc, WI

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Shreveport still has a number of things we don't. Anyway true we do have more Wal-mart Supercenters but besides Harp's those are really the only two choices in the area. Occasionally there's an IGA or a Consumers but they're rather few and far between.

Do you guys still have Consumers?

We had one in Rogers across from the Supercenter off Walnut, but it closed b/c it couldn't compete. Oddly enough, SuperK was right next to it as well. At one time, there were three large grocery stores within an eye shot of each other.

Now that I think about it, Super K was relatively popular in Rogers until K-Mart annouced it was going to close it and 800 stores across the nation. May'be I should rethink my stance on a SuperTarget. Target's are known to be nicer than Wal-Mart's and I'm sure there's people dying to shop at another large store. Factor in the growth and if you put it logistically near a large aertial, say I-540, then we could have a SuperTarget.

No, ours closed a long time ago. I thought you guys up there still had one. :lol: Okay apparently we might not have a Consumers anymore. But isn't there some other grocery store up there in Benton County aside from Harp's and Supercenters? I thought maybe it only had one or two stores up there.

IGA has a store out in Lowell. We used to have Food Town. Food Town had two stores in Rogers, one in Downtown Rogers and the other off 71-B. Both have closed. I sure do miss them though. Other than that, there's nothing the same size as Harps up here in the immediate area.

There's also an ALDI's in Rogers. I did some searching a few years ago and found these Rogers discount grocery stores around the web and the phone book. I have no idea if they're open or not. If anyone can verify it would be cool:

Food Town Jr

302 South 8th Street

Rogers, AR 72756-4451

Phone: (479) 631-9485

Fast Trax

4601 West Walnut Street

Rogers, AR 72756-1474

Phone: (479) 636-6545

Food Town North

Maple & 2nd Streets

Rogers, AR 72756

Phone: (479) 636-6625

Justin's

2401 West Walnut Street

Rogers, AR 72756-3251

Phone: (479) 636-9444

One in Bella Vista:

Allen's Discount Foods

60 Sugar Creek Center

Bella Vista, AR 72714-3507

Phone: (479) 876-6190

Justin's is a gas station next to Panda in Rogers. I think Fast Trax is a gas station as well but dont hold it against me.

I think a supertarget would do well in the area. I've only been to one and it was in Denver, at the new Colorado Mills mall. The supertarget was actually an anchor in the mall, which I thought was pretty sweet.

Food Town Jr was a gas station, it's now a gas station called Ms. Di's.

Used to be a food town directly behind Food Town Jr, it will soon be a Supermercado, a store from Springdale is opening a second location.

Fast Trax is a gas station (Walnut and I-540)

Food Town north is now a Supermercado.

Justin's is a gas station at 24th and Walnut.

Allen's in Bella Vista is still open.

Used to be a food town directly behind Food Town Jr, it will soon be a Supermercado, a store from Springdale is opening a second location.

I'm a big fan of Allen's in Bella Vista. I can't believe the variety and selection they have packed into that little store. They have more gourmet items than any grocery store I've seen (okay, I haven't seen a lot, living in NWA for 22 years), but they have all the regular stuff as well. The prices aren't too bad, either. I still do my main shopping at Wal-mart, but Allen's is great for hard-to-find items like flank steak and good artisan breads. Their butchers are very good, and they really try to please the customer.

And no, I'm not related to the owner. :D

Archived