Krispy Kreme Challenge

JDC

Krispy Kreme Challenge

NC State's new tradition is back for a third time. Anyone planning on running this year?

From the KKC website:

To Complete the Krispy Kreme Challenge is to:

1) Run from the NC State Belltower to Krispy Kreme on Peace Street.

2) Eat one dozen donuts.

3) Run back to the Belltower.

4) Do all this in under one hour.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm planning on running it this year. Who knows if I actually make it through 12 doughnuts or even the 4 miles.... hmmm I think I'm getting sick just thinking about it. Last year I went to watch my buds do it and witnessed the struggle second hand.

oh man

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

This is on the city of Raleigh's home page:

Traffic will be affected on Saturday, Jan. 26, for the Third Annual Krispy Kreme Challenge along Hillsborough Street. The runners will assemble in the 2100 block of Hillsborough Street at 8 a.m. The group will proceed east on Hillsborough Street to St. Mary

If anything, you would need to eat all the donuts first, then go on a four mile run to burn off all the fat and calories.

I've eaten six Krispy Kreme's in one sitting a couple of times before. It's tough, I couldn't imagine having 12... much less 12 in the middle of a four mile road race.

^^ we welcome race entrants from other States, colleges and universities :D

DPK, remember the winner last year dipped his doughnuts in water with each bite....it decreases the volume of donut and hence the chance you will ralph in the middle of Hillsborough St. There is a beer game equivalnet that makes people puke that don't know not to swallow so much air with each shot of beer...good luck!

^^ we welcome race entrants from other States, colleges and universities :D

DPK, remember the winner last year dipped his doughnuts in water with each bite....it decreases the volume of donut and hence the chance you will ralph in the middle of Hillsborough St. There is a beer game equivalnet that makes people puke that don't know not to swallow so much air with each shot of beer...good luck!

Archived