5th Street Pedestrian Bridge is open for business

LizellaJacket

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On days that I walk home from the office (such as today), I use the 5th Street bridge and cut through Georgia Tech to downtown. It is nice and does a great job of connecting the two parts of Tech's campus to each other. A dozen or so of these bridges between 15th street and I20 would do a lot to help heal the huge gash that the connector has inflicted on the intown neighborhoods.

I hope that in the summer that they'll have some bands play on the north side of the bridge. Nothing that will attract too many people because it is a road bridge afterall and you don't want people standing in the street trying to listen to music but it would be good to have some low key mood setting music going on.

On days that I walk home from the office (such as today), I use the 5th Street bridge and cut through Georgia Tech to downtown. It is nice and does a great job of connecting the two parts of Tech's campus to each other. A dozen or so of these bridges between 15th street and I20 would do a lot to help heal the huge gash that the connector has inflicted on the intown neighborhoods.

Yeah as a Tech Student I LOVE the concept of it too.... It does seem to completely hide the highway. I sort of liked looking at the highway cars go by (or not go by) but I see the benefits also of this concept. I almost wish to it were wider actually, then maybe you could do more things with it, like hold more flicks on fifth movies.

I love it too, but I do have a problem with it. If you notice on the sides of the bridge with Williams St. they used a nice black fence, but on the sides facing the interstate they used crummy chain link fence that completely takes away from the aesthetics. I understand that when the trees get bigger it will block this fence, but c'mon. That will take years and years.

Archived