Wachovia ATM in Enemy Territory

uptownliving

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everybody has got me all pumped up about this ATM, and I have not even seen it yet. Even some of my co-workers were in awe. They were like "have you seen it?, well have you?" and I am like what's the big deal it's just an ATM ;) . I am thinking to myself the whole time, this must be the Mother of all ATM's. I hope I am not disappointed when I finally venture that way.

However as most on UP know, I am all about some lights and neon :D .

So are we talking Times Square Neon ATM, or just a few bright lights and a computer screen with a logo on top creating a bit of a stir ATM?

A2

This whole topic is just funny....

So yesterday I had lunch at Fuel Pizza, then proceeded to walk up to Tryon to go get a coffee after lunch. On my way, I realized that I needed cash. So, i look up and see it: the infamous new Wachovia ATM glowing across the intersection in front of me... suddenly, I'm almost nervous at the thought of venturing across the street to get cash. I've never been so self-concious when taking money out of an ATM - not just the fact that its out in the open on Tryon St and tons of people walking by could get my PIN number or whatever, but the adventure of using this ATM in the watchful eyes of BoA Corp Center and Hearst Towers looking down on me!!!!! :shades: ha ha.... anyway, I got my cash out, and quickly moved on to get coffee. The funny thing is, in the end I realized that I just had what I'd define as a one-of-a-kind "Charlotte" experience... Can't say that would happen anywhere else!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

post-9752-1192301878.jpg

Well, well, well...BofA decides to answer Wachovia's ATM move with one of their own! This little space has been boarded for a few weeks now. I never saw anything that would reveal what it was going to be used for until walking to Reid's this morning! This is in the middle of the same block where Wachovia put their ATM on the corner!

post-9752-1192301878.jpg

LOL,, me and my friends noticed that new ATM walking by it today. I figured BofA would not let the Wachovia ATM slip by without building one of their own. Now if only they would put one in on S Tryon. I was at the Italian Festival yesterday at the Wachovia Atrium and got "fined" for using the Wachovia ATM. If their was a BofA ATM down that way I would use it.

Archived