Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest donaltopablo

LA Skyline Photos

15 posts in this topic

Man, the mountains really have an impact on how gooooood that city looks! I think ANY city would drool over a mountain like that placed next to their skyline. Daaaaang!

1 person likes this

Mountains aren't my thing, but Los Angeles sure is. Maybe if we just moved New York to the base of Mt. Everest instead of moving a mountain. :)

I guess people hate LA because its a fast growing sunbelt city. Phoenix and Houston, are two other underrated sunbelt cities that are bashed alot and are denser than most people think.

LA, Houston, and Phoenix are both fast growing cities. I think they do sprawl a little bit, but since they don't have the typical urban enviornment many people expect (seems even more so the people in the NE), they don't seem to like them.

I love all three cities and all have some very urban pieces.

Amazing pics! I wish there wasn't so much haze. It is sweet seeing a palm tree, a city, and mountains.

LA doesnt have as many skyscrapers as it should, considering the population - but what it does have is tall and dense and with a great mountain backdrop - i think LA has a great skyline

why "should" LA have more skyscrapers? that's a very east-coast way of defining a city. we already have a fantastic skyline, and all those who say they "hate" LA are merely jealous. :P

all jokes aside, LA is going through lots and lots of redevelopment, and it's actually much denser overall than most ppl realize.. but haven't we been through this discussion already :P

i have been posting lots of LA pics to flickr recently, more to come soon!

http:[email protected]/

When I first saw this photo, I thought, "wow...where did that tall building on Denver's Skyline come from?" ... then I realized it was L.A.:

2221680739_9480255716_b.jpg

Photo Credit goes to Jess Lander.

1 person likes this

post-24764-127192126718_thumb.jpg

Westwood Skyline

post-24764-127192112253_thumb.jpg

Century City Skyline

Many people think LA has a small skyline. But in reality the LA skyline stretches almost 15 miles from end to end.

(Downtown, Hollywood, Miracle Mile, Century City, Westwood, Brentwood)

post-24764-127192112253_thumb.jpg

post-24764-127192126718_thumb.jpg

These two skyline shots were taken from Mount Wilson. The top one was taken in 1908 and the bottom one in 2002. This is an amazing testament as to how much Los Angeles has grown in size in less than 100 years.

post-1-043787400 1277129107_thumb.jpeg

post-1-043787400 1277129107_thumb.jpeg

1 person likes this