Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

krazeeboi

2007 wish list

37 posts in this topic

OK, so let's try to generate some realistic wishes for 2007. Here's mine:

1. More announcements for businesses locating along Main

2. Have the rest of Main streetscaped

3. See more retail come to Lady

4. The state supreme court makes a ruling on the Bull Street campus so the project can finally begin

5. Innovista lands a major tenant

6. Substantial work on Columbia's side of the greenway

7. Something announced for Pulaski

8. Something coming out of the Five Points masterplan

9. Permanent solutions for the homeless situation

10. Another residential project for Main

1. Major Innovista Tennant

2. Higher CBD office occupancy rate

3. Fill Southtrust (or find another use for it)

4. More mixed-use infill on Lady St

5. Signs of progress on the USC/Guignard Master Plan

6. Signs of progress on the Future Five Points Master Plan

7. More residential units downtown

8. Signs of progress on the Columbia-Camden Commuter Rail

9. Richland passing a funding plan for CMRTA, even w/o Lexington

10. Sustain existing Main St retail/restaurants (no losses w/o a replacement)

My wish list

1. Major Innovista Tennant

2. A Company will fill in the void left by SCE&G

3. SunTrust gets a foothold in Columbia

4. Nice 18 story mix use tower for Sumter Street

5. Main street is finally done

6. Signs of progress on the USC/Guignard Master Plan

7. Signs of progress on the Future Five Points Master Plan

8. USC makes some major progess on fixing up the campus roads and sidewalks

9. USC wraps up most of the porjects it is behind on like the library and Humanties building project

10. Convention Center lands a nice convention

11. Richland County Judical Center developes plans for a appealing and why not a Carolina First size building to replace the current building.

(spartan Southtrust/ Capital Center is pretty good and ocuppied I doubt a big tendent will want to locate in the building again)

(spartan Southtrust/ Capital Center is pretty good and ocuppied I doubt a big tendent will want to locate in the building again)

Is that not where SCANA is located? If not then I will change that to whatever building they are located in. They will be moving to Cayce soon enough, and they need to get a tennant lined up to fill the rather large void that will be left behind.

11. Richland County Judical Center developes plans for a appealing and why not a Carolina First size building to replace the current building.

Richland 1 announces it will move into the old SCE&G offices, and sell the land where the current headquaters sits.

Since they've done such a good job on the Riverwalk, I think the Columbia, West Columbia, Cayce area should look at planning a network of bike/walking trails off the main roads. They could probably use existing low-traffic roads that parallel high traffic routes for most of them, and build trails where there is no existing path. Publish a map of the routes, kinda like they do with the bus routes.

1. Kline site begins construction

2. More retail on Main or Lady

3. Main St. beautification progress

4. USC Baseball stadium ahead of schedule

5. Rosewood Hills

6. More progress on the greenway

7. New music/entertainment festival announced

8. Resolution to homeless problem

9. Expansion of transit system

10. New 17+ tower downtown

Some decent shopping downtown, and an expansion at Columbiana (its busting out the seems)

I would really love to see Columbiana have two levels, but I don't think that's really feasible. At any rate, there is definitely room for expansion. They need to consider building at least one decent-sized parking garage as well.

They really need a better way in and out of that mall, that was poorly designed. They need to stop building on Harbison period. :wacko:

I think this is going to be a great year. I hope that Main Street's sorporate momentum will change for the better, and I hope that InnoVista can land a major tenant and give itself some more clout.

I merged the thread about this being the year for five major projects with the current one.

Check out Temple Ligon's wish list in the latest edition of the Columbia Star. Some good stuff in there. He really wants that opera house idea of his to take off. But I will say that parcel of land where he is advocating such a structure go is underutilized.

WOW! That was actually good! I agree with the opera house, electric, hydrogen, the hotel, i like the senate street idea taxis and the bus thing is a great idea....hopefully the parents will ride with them and increase riders.

Heres a really good one, a 24 hour urban grocer off of main or in the vista so that when you have a cold and need medicine at 1AM you don't have to go all the way to wal-mart

sorry, I'm a little jaded right now about it.

But, I really do enjoy the idea of the opera house. I don't know about the next hotel though, that may be too soon with all the others opening in the area over the next year.

Yeah, all the other hotels going up downtown (besides the Hilton) need to prove themselves first before getting another one up and running.

Is the CVS being built downtown going to be 24 hours?

Check out Temple Ligon's wish list in the latest edition of the Columbia Star. Some good stuff in there. He really wants that opera house idea of his to take off. But I will say that parcel of land where he is advocating such a structure go is underutilized.

Also, I really liked Ligon's idea for statues along Senate St. We should have more grand statues of famous South Carolinians in our state's capital!

I don't know of any other CVS's that are open 24 hours off the top of my head though.