Norfolk Nightlife

soloextreme

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to club premiere a few weeks ago. Don't normally do the club thing, but wanted to see how much money was invested in the lighting and sound setup. The company I work for has a corporate account with the Gym downtown that any employee can use the gym downtown (which is owned by the same guy that owns club premiere, and the buildings they are in). Well the chick at the door didn't believe me so I had to pay ten bucks to see what kind of lights they have. She said the Gym doesn't have corporate accounts. If the ten bucks is worth her lying then whatever. Not too bad I guess. It reminded me of a Cinema cafe :-)

Owner was there to greet patrons coming in. Not too bad of a light setup, but I could definitly do better.

Someday... I'll have to setup my own venue.

I went to club premiere a few weeks ago. Don't normally do the club thing, but wanted to see how much money was invested in the lighting and sound setup. The company I work for has a corporate account with the Gym downtown that any employee can use the gym downtown (which is owned by the same guy that owns club premiere, and the buildings they are in). Well the chick at the door didn't believe me so I had to pay ten bucks to see what kind of lights they have. She said the Gym doesn't have corporate accounts. If the ten bucks is worth her lying then whatever. Not too bad I guess. It reminded me of a Cinema cafe :-)

Owner was there to greet patrons coming in. Not too bad of a light setup, but I could definitly do better.

Someday... I'll have to setup my own venue.

Why don't you check out Toads Place Richmond, Telmnstr? It's a big venue and will be opening in a few months. Maybe they need a professional light guy. Look at Worldcoupe's pictures of it in Richmond Pictures II. The pic are about a quarter of the way down on page 3.

Why don't we keep Norfolk stuff in Norfolk and Richmond in Richmond please!

That's kinda of an obnoxious statement...

Anwyay, for a lot of us who go back and forth between the two regions, it's nice to know what is out there without always having to flip through all the different forums. They are on the same topic, yeesh.

And btw, why is your tag "Norfolk will be the best city in VA"? Shouldn't it be "Norfolk IS the best city in VA" or do you think Richmond currently holds the title? :P

• 6 months later...

Premiere's 1 year anniversary party is this Saturday the 24th. Hard to beleive its been open for a year already!

Yeah, and they're doing great. I've got a couple of friends who work there/dj there currently. I went to their "euronight italy" and the place was packed. I'm gonna try my hardest to make the anniversary party but I don't know if i'll be able to cause i'm on call that night.

Archived