The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

This falls under the category of "new to me."  There has been a shop I have passed hundreds of times and never went in and finally did over the holidays.  If you havent been to "we took to the woods" on Stone Avenue you should check it out.  It looks like something you would see highlighted in a magazine, very cool.  

google photos and 360 link

• 2 weeks later...

Love seeing things venture off of Main St. New Brewery and beer garden coming to Washington St. in old W.N. Watson building. They mention potentially a restaurant facing Washington as well. With this and the rumor of a brewery going into the old Keys building development we could soon have two breweries downtown.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/crafted-beer-company-finds-home-washington-street/

2 hours ago, Gville2012 said:

Love seeing things venture off of Main St. New Brewery and beer garden coming to Washington St. in old W.N. Watson building. They mention potentially a restaurant facing Washington as well. With this and the rumor of a brewery going into the old Keys building development we could soon have two breweries downtown.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/crafted-beer-company-finds-home-washington-street/

Monster Subs opening right around the corner also.

http://upstatebusinessjournal.com/news/spartanburg-based-monster-subs-planning-location-downtown-greenville/

11 hours ago, Gville2012 said:

With this and the rumor of a brewery going into the old Keys building development we could soon have two breweries downtown.

I would encourage you to look at the banner on the building next to the Cigar Factory and upwardly revise your estimate.

Is that sustainable? who knows, whatever. it's not my money

On 1/27/2017 at 7:24 PM, btoy said:

needs a food truck court.

I heard rumblings of a Food Truck Court at the Intersection of Stone and E. North, where the Pete's restaurant burned down after the flood a few years ago. That would be an awesome spot, walkable from both the Overbrook and Park Ave neighborhoods. Parking would be the obvious issue there, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey_Blackdogg said:

I heard rumblings of a Food Truck Court at the Intersection of Stone and E. North, where the Pete's restaurant burned down after the flood a few years ago. That would be an awesome spot, walkable from both the Overbrook and Park Ave neighborhoods. Parking would be the obvious issue there, though.

That property was staked off just recently. 

16 minutes ago, johnpro318 said:

Coast apparel is moving into 325 South Main. 

Got a letter today about BB&T's move to the One Building. It sounds like they are completely closing their old high rise completely. Is that true? Maybe they are looking to sell?

The article in the UBJ said they were just moving some of their functions to ONE. What in the letter made you think otherwise?

50 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The article in the UBJ said they were just moving some of their functions to ONE. What in the letter made you think otherwise?

I guess you are right. It just says after careful consideration we will be closing the Greenville Main financial center. Guess that might just be how hey word the outward customer focused part of the building. I wish they would at least renovate because that garage and building look rough.