GvilleSC

The State of Downtown Retail

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

One thing I dislike about the Greenville News is they will have an article like this about a place of business and never mention where it is. They do it all the time.

It's at the old location of 21 East. 

• Like 1

Looks like the former Carolina Triathlon space on Main Street and the former Brew & Ewe space on Broad Street are getting filled. 

I heard that as well but wouldn’t they just move elsewhere if the concept was profitable? Plenty of available restaurant space on Main Street. 

10 hours ago, Jet-set said:

I heard that as well but wouldn’t they just move elsewhere if the concept was profitable? Plenty of available restaurant space on Main Street. 

There’s just a lot wrong with Brazwells. Maybe somebody will move in that can better utilize the building. 

There's more to that story. There's problems with the PopCap group. The owner of Lust was part of it and he got kicked out for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just rumors but there might be something to it. They made a pretty big investment there to just close it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, vicupstate said:

12 S. Main St - Ottaray Seafood and Raw Bar

The tackiest storefront on Main Street will soon be gone. 

The final product is somewhat similar, but wasn't the original design for the Husk location similar in nature to this? The DRB scaled it back pretty far stating that it was out of character for Greenville. I wonder what they'll have to say about this proposal? Nonetheless, it will be a vast improvement. The current façade (with its fake windows, awful yellow, and stone) is even worse than City Tavern, IMO.  Happy to see new life and a new face come to this location! 

Edited by GvilleSC

Samantha Grace for spot next to Twig’s.

Wu’s Cajun Seafood old Green Room space.

Edited by gman430

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, vicupstate said:

12 S. Main St - Ottaray Seafood and Raw Bar

The tackiest storefront on Main Street will soon be gone. 

The City had some fun commenting on this one. Quote: "Staff believes this renovations is a "yuge" improvement".

http://sc-greenville.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/4464?fileID=17441

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

Diner 24 has closed but will be reopening under new management. 

Probably necessary... some reviews were very negative & indicated serious issues. 

Hope it reopens and is successful correcting them.

17 hours ago, bikeoid said:

Ok, I'm confused: Wu's Cajun was rumored to come in that spot, but the web site is new.

But notice that the new web site for The Green Room doesn't identify any location at all. With so much publicity surrounding Wu's in Greenville - reinforced by the continued existence of its own web site at https://www.wusgvl.com/ -  it appears as though The Green Room may be going to reopen somewhere else....

2 hours ago, RiverWalker said:

But notice that the new web site for The Green Room doesn't identify any location at all. With so much publicity surrounding Wu's in Greenville - reinforced by the continued existence of its own web site at https://www.wusgvl.com/ -  it appears as though The Green Room may be going to reopen somewhere else....

Old Brazwell’s spot maybe???