The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

^^ That's cool! They should do well this time of year downtown!

The Gas station at the intersection of Vardry, Main, and Pendleton Streets has yellow tape blocking the pumps and a hand written poster saying " We are Closed". Is this permanent? I'd love to see that redeveloped!

^^ That's cool! They should do well this time of year downtown!

The Gas station at the intersection of Vardry, Main, and Pendleton Streets has yellow tape blocking the pumps and a hand written poster saying " We are Closed". Is this permanent? I'd love to see that redeveloped!

The Citgo gas station is undergoing repairs for a plumbing issue and hope to be back open on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

It is located at the corner of Main and McBee, recently occupied by a hookah lounge.

I had no trouble finding it, as I pass by that corner almost every day, but I fear others may have difficulty, given the inaccuracy of the information on the Web, and that might impact the store's profitability and perhaps survivability. 

They're already planning to expand (open more space behind the back wall) and add beer pairings. I am impressed by the variety of quality meats and the fact that they emphasize natural flavors without preservatives. I also like the selection of local products available. They'll soon have smoked wild Alaskan salmon jerkey from Fish Brothers. It is very good! The proprietor said they had a great weekend during Fall For Greenville.

Edited by Skyliner

• 2 weeks later...

Grill 33 is moving from their North Main location to the old Cheese Burger in Paradise location on Haywood Rd. Hope a good replacement comes in to fill their void. I imagine rental rates are climbing with the Hyatt and plaza redo and the big money investments of the growing One development.

Grill 33 is moving from their North Main location to the old Cheese Burger in Paradise location on Haywood Rd. Hope a good replacement comes in to fill their void. I imagine rental rates are climbing with the Hyatt and plaza redo and the big money investments of the growing One development.

I think a place like Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant in D.C (and several other larger cities) would fit that area well.