The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

-Main Street Studio now open next to Handi where Sunrise Massage or whatever it was called used to be located.

-Starbucks coming soon sign now up at NOMA Square.

Spiritex lost their lease. Moving out as we speak.

Not surprising. I never saw anybody in there especially compared to the other retail stores downtown.

As a Manhattanite: UGH, most delis are low-end and kind of gross.

I'd think that the downtown Publix or another grocery store could just ramp up its prepared-food selection and capture the "hot food to go for busy professionals" market.  My local Whole Foods in NYC is unlike the Greenville one, in that the NYC one has a ton of hot foods, taking up a lot of the store's space; I'm surprised that a downtown Greenville grocery store hasn't already done this.

Reid's in uptown Charlotte did a good job of capturing this market while it was there.  Maybe a Greenville location would do well.

Edited by mallguy

• 3 weeks later...

Bevello, a Raleigh-based women's clothing and accessories boutique is coming to 124 N. Main St.

Being a he, I'd never heard of this store, but I looked up its website and it has locations in higher-end malls and lifestyle centers all around the Southeast, so I'd guess this a good catch for downtown.

At what point will the cluster of higher-end stores downtown start sapping and eclipsing Haywood?

Being a he, I'd never heard of this store, but I looked up its website and it has locations in higher-end malls and lifestyle centers all around the Southeast, so I'd guess this a good catch for downtown.

At what point will the cluster of higher-end stores downtown start sapping and eclipsing Haywood?

Clearly someone is subsidizing their rent for them to ever consider downtown Greenville. /sarcasm