The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

10 hours ago, gman430 said:

Did I not recently see a "coming soon" sign in the window with the name of a fitness store/gym?

On 7/16/2019 at 7:47 PM, gman430 said:

A new fitness bar + studio is coming to town. Booty Bar will be opening on July 29 at 123A N Main St. (above Bevello and near Mast General Store). They'll offer large group training classes, a stretch lounge + mimosa bar.

Oh, here is the answer to my question.  Not coming to the Bevello space.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, gman430 said:

Blaze Pizza is going in the old Oakblue space. 

Ever Row Clothing going in front of Mellow Mushroom along Augusta. 

Great, Blaze is a chain and this is Ever Row's second location.  I for one am glad that chains find downtown desirable- that's the mark of a successful commercial area.

17 hours ago, gman430 said:

Blaze Pizza is going in the old Oakblue space. 

Ever Row Clothing going in front of Mellow Mushroom along Augusta. 

Sweet! Big fan of fast casual BYOP pizza joints, always thought Greenville needed more of them. Toss Pizza utterly failed at doing this right before closing for good.  Blaze is the OG/top-dog chain in this industry too and usually does a good job with their interior design. I'm looking forward to the build out.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Greenville has really turned a corner in recent years regarding retail and restaurants opening beyond the immediate environs of Main Street. The push of hotel and apartments to all corners of downtown certainly helps! 

Yep, really expanding.  Anyone still saying downtown is "just one street " isnt paying attention. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Neat Bourbon Bar is officially open according to GVLToday. 

Any bourbon aficionados out there? Neat Bourbon Bar, downtown Greenville’s “first bourbon themed bar” is now open at 109 N. Main St. The Oakblue Kitchen signage is still up outside, but don’t let that fool you. Ask to have your drink smoke infused with apple wood chips.

15 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I thought it was supposed to be Blaze Pizza. :huh: The space looked still under construction earlier this week also. Are they referring to the below ground space? 

Based on some pictures from a Google review, it looks like it is in the below ground space. Reminds me of The Trappe Door a little bit... dark and rustic. Excited to try it out. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Den2Gvl said:

Based on some pictures from a Google review, it looks like it is in the below ground space. Reminds me of The Trappe Door a little bit... dark and rustic. Excited to try it out. 

Correct. Blaze will be upstairs, ground level. Neat had a soft opening about a month ago. Speakeasy vibe, very cool.

• Thanks 1

Not sure where is best to put this, but the project to replace the street lights downtown is still moving forward. Anticipated to start after the New Year and will be done in about 4 phases of 5-6 weeks each, replacing a total of 105 lights.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2019/11/26/ask-lafleur-greenville-sc-still-planning-replace-dated-downtown-street-lights/4271938002/

• 4 weeks later...