The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

I don’t see the space staying empty long with Orvis and Anthropologie right there. It’s a prime spot with good visibility at a major intersection also. Look how fast the C&B space got filled with Reid’s. Didn’t even take a month hardly. 

Edited by gman430

-Old Pink Azalea space at Wells Fargo Center leased. Work underway. 

-Space next to Rick Erwin’s leased with work underway. 

-Work underway at Savannah’s Bee Company. 

-Work underway at former Funnelicious. 

Expect more spaces to get filled over the next few months. 

Edited by gman430

• 4 weeks later...

Society for old Diner 24 space. 

Cookie shop (couldn’t read the name) for old Pink Azalea space.

Coming soon sign (couldn’t read the name again) up next to Rick Erwin’s. 

Better than Sex for old Cigar space. 

Work underway for Table 301 space at Camperdown. 

Gather GVL update: West End Coffee and Rocky Moo have already moved out, while Sweet Sippin’ and Prost! will move out at the end of March. Sweet Sippin’ relocating just down Augusta. The Pasta Addict, Myami Bites, Juice Box, and YoLo Pizza Kitchen to replace the closed spaces. The former West End Coffee space will be the only empty one when all of this is completed. The owners are currently in negotiations to have it filled though. 

Expect more retail/restaurant spaces to get filled downtown as the city launches their major initiative effort. 

Edited by gman430

15 hours ago, vicupstate said:

It TOTALLY SUCKS that Happy & Hale is not re-opening.  Loved that place. 

:tw_tired:

Meh...they’ve been closed for the past six months so I’ve moved on. I’m hearing they were planning to close permanently anyways even if Covid never existed. Not enough business apparently. They were just waiting on a replacement tenant before announcing they wouldn’t be coming back. Lack of visibility and advertising is what I feel like doomed them. You could walk by the space and not even know the restaurant was there without taking a closer look. They needed better signage. 

Edited by gman430

On 2/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, gman430 said:

Society for old Diner 24 space. 

Cookie shop (couldn’t read the name) for old Pink Azalea space.

Coming soon sign (couldn’t read the name again) up next to Rick Erwin’s. 

Better than Sex for old Cigar space. 

Work underway for Table 301 space at Camperdown. 

Gather GVL update: West End Coffee and Rocky Moo have already moved out, while Sweet Sippin’ and Prost! will move out at the end of March. Sweet Sippin’ relocating just down Augusta. The Pasta Addict, Myami Bites, Juice Box, and YoLo Pizza Kitchen to replace the closed spaces. The former West End Coffee space will be the only empty one when all of this is completed. The owners are currently in negotiations to have it filled though. 

Expect more retail/restaurant spaces to get filled downtown as the city launches their major initiative effort. 

Byrd’s Famous Cookies for Pink Azalea. 
https://www.byrdcookiecompany.com/visit

0F425580-1C9B-4912-823A-D75DCF8C3F3F.jpeg

Not retail but downtown. Big secret I guess but 4 Big 10 teams are playing baseball at Fluor Field this weekend. Illinois, Maryland, Ohio St. and Michigan St. This is the same event that Furman used to host and participate. Of course FU has dropped their baseball program which I am still mad about. Next weekend the Big10 will be back when Michigan St. will return and be joined by Michigan, Northwestern and Purdue. 

• Like 1