The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

24 minutes ago, gman430 said:

What’s the future of the Old Cigar Warehouse? Well, now we know. Coming soon to the Old Cigar Warehouse space is New Realm Brewing. The new craft brewery + restaurant will feature a 5-barrel brewhouse, scratch restaurant, biergarten, dedicated stage + outdoor bar. New Realm plans to open in the fall of 2022.

I like the sound of this. I think they can be successful there.

• Like 3

Just now, Tigers81 said:

Don't love that it is a chain but we will see what happens. Yee Haw is another "chain" brewery and I don't think their beer is that great.

Yea -- I just realized that last night after I read a different article that mentioned they were an Atlanta establishment. I'd much prefer local. 

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Yea -- I just realized that last night after I read a different article that mentioned they were an Atlanta establishment. I'd much prefer local. 

local is getting priced out of main street unless they have deep pockets or have been established since it was risky to invest in downtown.  This seems natural to me.  The "everything is on main" development of downtown was getting old in my opinion.  We need side streets to start being developed and hopefully at lower rents than main.  This could be a good thing.

Edited by gvegascple
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

:D Let’s go Brandon!!!! 

Liberty Tap Room & Grill, right next to Fluor Field, will close their doors permanently tomorrow, Oct. 22 at 7 p.m. after their last happy hour service. 

Always wondered how that place lasted so long. Was also so incredibly mediocre.

Here's to hoping they find a better tenant.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

On 10/21/2021 at 4:18 PM, StrangeCock said:

If restaurant closings are directly attributable to sitting Presidents, I would LOVE to see a list of all the restaurants that closed in Greenville from Jan. 2017 - Jan. 2021. 

The thing about Trump idiots is that other than being puerile, unoriginal, and inconsistent, they are also deeply, shockingly stupid

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, vicupstate said:

The Teal clad building at N. Main and E. North will soon get a new façade. It will go before DRB next month.  They informally reviewed it today.  Top two floors will have windows for a change. 

Great news…should have happened long ago....ugliest exterior on Main Street  

Edited by cabelagent
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

The Teal clad building at N. Main and E. North will soon get a new façade. It will go before DRB next month.  They informally reviewed it today.  Top two floors will have windows for a change. 

Wow -- that's a significant change. I hope they make it interesting. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Has Nantucket already closed? 

City Council will review this in their work session on Monday prior to the regular meeting. 

Sushi and Wood-fire Pizza/Italian replacing Nantucket Seafood  

They’re still open. Wonder when he will reopen Saltwater Kitchen at the mall if ever. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 12:21 PM, gman430 said:

I think this makes a lot of sense for Southern Tide. I do hope an interesting retailer fills their current location.