The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

1 hour ago, vistatiger said:

I disagree. Outlet's were that way back in the day when many clothes were made in sewing rooms here in the USA and you could go to  their outlets to buy seconds and rejects with minor flaws at a discount  but not so much anymore.  They are selling pretty much the same stuff that you find in their regular stores. It's all made cheaply overseas. 

What's there to agree or disagree about?  What is sold in outlets is a verifiable, objective fact.

Brooks Brothers sells different lines of clothes than it sells in its full-price stores.  It's not junk, but it's a less expensive version of its main lines of clothing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

What's there to agree or disagree about?  What is sold in outlets is a verifiable, objective fact.

Brooks Brothers sells different lines of clothes than it sells in its full-price stores.  It's not junk, but it's a less expensive version of its main lines of clothing.

So my wife is a clothing re-seller as her side hustle, and there is absolutely a difference in items from a retail store when compared with "factory stores". The tags are even different with 2 or 3 dots or squares under the factory store name to indicate the cheaper outlet version. It's subtle as hell, but the people who know will sniff it out. Bottom line is, "Brand Name" is not the same as "Outlet Brand Name", they're playing us...is anyone surprised?  Oh, and that's why the Outlet Malls are filled with seniors that have been bused in from distant communities gettin' some "Ralph Lauren" or "Baby Gap" for the grandkids.

10 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

Wow -- nice to have a high end SC company opening up shop. That's a nice get for downtown, IMO. 

The moms of Alta Vista have their AmEx Centurion cards ready.

I had never heard of this store but I Googled it and it will fit in well.

Yet another reason for upscale shoppers to keep driving past Haywood.

Edited by PuppiesandKittens
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, gman430 said:

Why has UBJ’s reporting gotten so bad?? It says the “ground floor of Embassy Suites” instead of the Hampton Inn. Will this be taking over a space that is currently occupied? I wish it were going in the old bicycle spot, or truly taking up the ground floor of the Embassy Suites. 

39 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Why has UBJ’s reporting gotten so bad?? It says the “ground floor of Embassy Suites” instead of the Hampton Inn. Will this be taking over a space that is currently occupied? I wish it were going in the old bicycle spot, or truly taking up the ground floor of the Embassy Suites. 

It is going in the bottom floor of the Embassy Suites building. I made a mistake and got the location mixed up. My fault. :blush: The news article now has a video flythrough of the tap room also. Looks like it's going to take up the entire space there which is good to see. :shades:

Edited by gman430

16 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Upon watching the walk through video, I'm not sure this is the Embassy Suites space. The space at ES has very low ceilings. This appears to be the former bike shop space based on their video.

I think that it's that space too. Long, high ceilings and the glass floor to ceiling glass up front. Should make a pretty cool spot for a drink and bite to eat.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...