The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

I can understand Table 301's desire to make their restaurant more accessible from a cost standpoint, especially with the economy being what it is lately, but I hope they don't cheapen the Restaurant O location too much. That is a great space and it should maintain the cool, trendy vibe it had. The upstairs bar at O just oozed cool. :shades:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if y'all didn't know the Liquid Highway at the Hyatt has closed. *tears* I suppose it was a good two year run, but as an employee I can say that I was expecting it to happen sooner or later. I think it was just a little too difficult competing with our other store down the street, not to mention that block of N. Main does not get much foot traffic at all (compared to the rest of downtown). Joe at Barefoot Comfort has told me numerous times that he has been getting way more business after moving to the next block down.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if y'all didn't know the Liquid Highway at the Hyatt has closed. *tears* I suppose it was a good two year run, but as an employee I can say that I was expecting it to happen sooner or later. I think it was just a little too difficult competing with our other store down the street, not to mention that block of N. Main does not get much foot traffic at all (compared to the rest of downtown). Joe at Barefoot Comfort has told me numerous times that he has been getting way more business after moving to the next block down.

I am sorry to hear that, p2y2r7o. Unfortunately, it didn't realy surprise me though, because Liquid Highway closed their stores on Augusta Street and in Powdersville as well. They seemed to be expanding much too rapidly within the same general market area, rather than expanding into a different market altogether. It also doesn't help them when there are so many other coffee options available all over the metro area.

That is too bad. Maybe Starbucks can make something of the location...

-Iplace has moved from Riverplace to Mills Avenue in the shopping center across from the Mills Mill.

- ;) Oh and:

Dean and Deluca

Wow, didn't realize they were moving. Yeah, as said above I imagine the Apple store is seriously cutting down on iPlace's business.

Still wish the Dean and Deluca was a full store, but that is still cool. My roommate/friend and another friend just got jobs at the D&D in Charlotte in the candy section and coffee bar and they love it so far! Sounds like they sell some pretty weird candies.

Apparently a new "luxury Sleep Boutique" is opening on North Main. What does that mean?

DPC app

Found this searching the company name on Google:

UltDivan for the Home is a luxury sleep boutique featuring an array of eclectic items including lifestyle adjustable beds, luxury mattresses, vanity stools, pillows, toppers and an exclusive goose down comforter, duvet and pillow shoppe. Additional items include unique aromatherapy products and opulent accessories.

Sounds like a place where the people who buy their $28 mac and cheese from Dean & Deluca shop at for their bedding goods. :blink: Get your brand new pillow case from UltDivan...only $250.

Edited by citylife

Found this searching the company name on Google:

UltDivan for the Home is a luxury sleep boutique featuring an array of eclectic items including lifestyle adjustable beds, luxury mattresses, vanity stools, pillows, toppers and an exclusive goose down comforter, duvet and pillow shoppe. Additional items include unique aromatherapy products and opulent accessories.

Sounds like a place where the people who buy their $28 mac and cheese from Dean & Deluca shop at for their bedding goods. :blink: Get your brand new pillow case from UltDivan...only $250.

What's wrong with that if people buy the stuff? I mean, I never would...but if somebody wants to drop $250 on a pillow case that's fine by me. Especially if I was the store owner! I've seen way more obnoxious things that cost way too much money.

Apparently a new "luxury Sleep Boutique" is opening on North Main. What does that mean?

DPC app

I love this!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Hope it is somewhat like Scandia Down shops.

I've always believed if you're going to splurge, do so on the bedroom. The world is tough place full of stress. The bedroom can be your cocoon. A good nights sleep on 800 thread count sheets, a pillow top mattress, down pillow, etc is worth every penny. It lets you wake up in a good mood, ready to tackle the day in the real world. Bedroom design has been a growing trend for some years now....fireplace in the bedroom, mood lighting, wetbar, etc. Shouldn't the place you at least a third of your life be a wonderful place????

Edited by gsupstate