The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

Manna Deli has closed on Coffee Street.

I peeked in there the other day for the first time. It's a rough location, easily overlooked. Serving sandwiches won't get you noticed either. I didn't really understand what niche they were trying to fill. Still sad to see them go, I guess.

Interesting. Why did they close in the first place?

Also, what's going in the old ABC space?

Not sure on why they closed in the first place. All of the old signage was back up and they were open when I drove by. :thumbsup: Looked pretty crowded too.

No clue on the ABC space. I do know the architect for it is ls3p though.

Haven't seen this reported anywhere......Landry's Corporation looking at downtown Greenville. Which of their numerous brands / formats......I have no idea, as they have so many. Anyone have info? I have trouble believing they would bring one of their Oceanaire, Morton's or McCormick & Schmick's chains. Perhaps the Bubba Gump or original Landry's format?

Haven't seen this reported anywhere......Landry's Corporation looking at downtown Greenville. Which of their numerous brands / formats......I have no idea, as they have so many. Anyone have info? I have trouble believing they would bring one of their Oceanaire, Morton's or McCormick & Schmick's chains. Perhaps the Bubba Gump or original Landry's format?

McCormick & Schmick's would be nice! You can't beat their happy hour menu! :good:

• 2 weeks later...

"21 East", located at the corner of Brown and Washington Streets, has their application for a sign in April's DPC agenda: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/PlanningZoning/PlanningApplications/Applications/2012/APRIL/DesignReviewBoard/04-02-2012/CA-12-69-21EastWashingtonStreet.pdf

I've been so focused on all the other construction on Washington Street, that I really haven't followed this new retail space's transformation. I wish them luck!

• 4 weeks later...

The Journal is reporting that Moe Joe Coffee Company of Clemson (and Easley) is looking to possibly open on South Main Street. Also, a cigar bar is opening on College Street, I believe it said.

I wonder where Moe Joe's is looking? Hopefully not in the West End. Spill The Beans would be too much competition for anyone in the coffee or ice cream business.

• 2 weeks later...