The State of Downtown Retail

GvilleSC

The Journal is reporting that Barkery Bistro is moving from Main Street to Augusta Street (near Zoe's). I wonder how this will do for them. Right now they probably get a lot of curiosity traffic on top of regular customers. On Augusta Street, I imagine that they will be mostly limited to their regulars.

The Journal is reporting that Barkery Bistro is moving from Main Street to Augusta Street (near Zoe's). I wonder how this will do for them. Right now they probably get a lot of curiosity traffic on top of regular customers. On Augusta Street, I imagine that they will be mostly limited to their regulars.

That's a shame really. My girlfriend and I walk from Cleveland Park to the Barkery Bistro every couple weekends. We take our dog with us and get her a treat... guess that won't be happening anymore and we have to find a new end cap for our walk. We probably won't ever make it to the new location.

Apparently they're moving due to lack of parking. Looks like they didn't get the memo on how parking at the Zoe's complex isn't anything to right home about either. Always a pain to find a spot there. Pretty stupid decision on their part to move to this new location if you ask me.

Edited by citylife

Except...for some reason I drove by Richardson a few weekends ago and there were definitely guys taking money, with a $5 sign out front. Anybody know what that was about?

After 9pm on weekends, you have to pay to park in that garage now: http://www.wyff4.com/news/30397587/detail.html Barkery Bistro is not open during that timeframe so it shouldn't have affected their business.

Edited by citylife

Glad they are moving off Main. If we are going to have a dog store on Main, I'd like it to have a more urban, contemporary vibe. Barbery Bistro is a bit too "precious" and "sweetzie". I've asked several times about more hip brands like OllyDog, Dogologie, etc and they say they have never heard of them. We stopped taking our dogs.....this store hasn't lived up to the potential.

They arn't moving to the complex with Zoe's they are moving to the former Maggie Moos space. Their current space was just too big for them. Also, their current space has already been released and you are going to love the company going in their.

• 2 weeks later...

An update posted this morning on Barkery Bistro's Facebook page announces that the move will commence tomorrow (Wednesday): "Tomorrow is moving day over to our new location on Augusta Street! We will be open today 10am-6pm at our Main Street location, closed Thursday and Friday and re-open Saturday at 10am on Augusta Street! We are very excited to be in our new boutique space and appreciate ALL of your support and well wishes! Our new address will be 2123 Augusta Street, next to Zoe's Kitchen and by Starbucks." That should answer any lingering questions.

The move will make way for Southern Fried Cotton to open in the fall, as mentioned recently on The Rumor Mill. http://www.facebook.com/SouthernFriedCotton

Edited by RiverWalker

An update posted this morning on Barkery Bistro's Facebook page announces that the move will commence tomorrow (Wednesday): "Tomorrow is moving day over to our new location on Augusta Street! We will be open today 10am-6pm at our Main Street location, closed Thursday and Friday and re-open Saturday at 10am on Augusta Street! We are very excited to be in our new boutique space and appreciate ALL of your support and well wishes! Our new address will be 2123 Augusta Street, next to Zoe's Kitchen and by Starbucks." That should answer any lingering questions.

The move will make way for Southern Fried Cotton to open in the fall, as mentioned recently on The Rumor Mill. http://www.facebook....hernFriedCotton

I'm glad that it is being replaced by a non-restaurant purpose which I feel there are plenty of restaurants in the area right now. Main Street needs to focus more on other industries and it seems like they have been successful in doing that the past year or so with gyms, pharmacies, clothing stores, the Verizon etc opening up. Wish that the Barkery Bistro had just moved down Main Street towards Riverplace and stayed in the "strip."

• 2 weeks later...

Tigertown graphics for former Barkery Bistro.

This was posted in The Rumor Mill a few weeks ago as confirmed. It is Tiger Town Graphics affiliated Southern Fried Cotton. Here is the facebook, which has some photos of them moving in: https://www.facebook.com/SouthernFriedCotton. Great addition but I wish the Barkery Bistro had stayed on Main as well.