BCS games expected to pump money into Valley economy

MJLO

I know alot of people on here could give a rats behind about sports. But alot of big sporting events are heading to the valley in the coming months, and with them comes big spenders from all over the country. It seems that Phoenix, and Arizona in general are becoming more and more popular. Do you guys think these kind of things could have a long term impact on the economy here, and maybe help attract more business and investments?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the article in the EVT said that the East Valley Resorts and hotels are packed. I'm fairly certain that the East Valley has alot more hotel rooms than the west. Nice ones for sure. But there must be tons more hotel rooms going up. When the superbowl comes they are definately going to need them. Not just for the people attending the games, but the enterauges and all the media and support staff that comes along with it. When Detroit held the superbowl this year it helped the city out quite a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok estimates are in, with the three bowl games coming to the Phoenix region, they are expecting an added boost of around $315 million to the economy, that's I believe more than was taken in by the 06 superbowl. I would hope these have long term impacts on the growth of the valley with all of these visitors coming to town. Who knows, perhaps a ceo will want to move a large corporation here ;) ok I know that one's a long shot.

Archived