Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cltheel.sdl

Forum meet this winter

24 posts in this topic

Guys, we should have a Charlotte forum meeting sometime this winter break. I get home from school the 15th of December. We should all go around uptown and take some pics of projects together and just have a jolly time this holiday.

What do you guys think?! :)

Any takers? Yes? No?

I met some guys from another forum one time. It was weird at first meeting someone from the internet, b/c quite frankly a few of them were a bit unusual, and I guess meeting someone in person ruins your preconception of what they may be like.

But hey, it was alot of fun and we're all just UP nerds, so we should do it. It would be cool if someone in the know came along and filled us in on projects as well.

I would definitely show up. I can't take pics worth anything :lol: but it would be fun to place faces with avatars. Do I hear any seconds or thirds or fourths hopefully :)

I'm all for it...you can count me in as long as it's on a weekend. I usually travel during the week.

I seem to recall someone tried a forum meet previously and about 2 people showed.

That said I'd be up for it.

Such is usually the case with forum get togethers. I went to Meetups and Dailykos meetings during the election season and sometimes a lot of people showed and other times it was very small. As long as we all don't have to hold onto a rope and be led around by Bullhorn I will go :lol:

You guys should definetly get together for a Charlotte forum meet-up. We had a Raleigh meet back during the early summer and about a dozen people showed up, it was a saturday about 11:00 I believe. I had a lot of fun, and we talked about downtown and new developments throughout the metro. December is a very busy month for most people though, but maybe it could work.

Well, should we do it on a weekday, or a weekend?

Either works for me. I realize people have to work, so I suppose a weekend would be better.

I cannot make the 16th.

How about if we do one at Eastland in January when the Belk's has a going out of business sale,

with lunch at the food court?

I gotta go to the UNCC Commencement on that day, both the morning and evening ceremonies.

I don't know if I can make it yet. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

I'll be able to let you know sometime in the middle of this week.

I'll be able to let you know sometime in the middle of this week.

I'm still on the fence. I just need to check my schedule. I should know by Friday, so I'll get to you by then at the latest. I'd love to do it though, it would be a lot of fun.

Ok, guys, I'm still borderline, but I will let you know by tonight. I'll probably be able to make it.

Who all is going? Tell me if you are. It would be nice to have at least 4 or more of us going, instead of just 2 or 3.

Post below if you are going.

Guys I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow. I would love to, but my grandma is in town and I'm eating lunch with her. I hope all goes well. Take some pics for me! I'm available next week and then other various days over the next 3.5 weeks.

Well, let's plan to do it sometime this week or upcoming weekend. It will work out.

I don't think so. lol.

We will work it out, hopefully this week or something.