Entertainment and Music in NWA

bobhazor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pinnacle Hills Promenade music venue finally comes to fruition. Live music will be performed by various acts every saturday throughout Summer. Performances will be located at the center court lawn.

Scheduled music performances at the Promenade:

6/9...Mo Brothers

6/16.Angela Hurt

6/23.Old Dime Box

6/30.Chase Missy

7/7...The Weekenders

Most of the acts also perform at the various music venues in Fayetteville.

Good job, Buddy! What are these spammers thinking?

FYI--if you all want to have a great time, check out the demolition derby in Springdale at the Rodeo grounds. They are so much fun! The next one will be in August. Even if you hate cars you will love this event. It's a spectacle! And there's good people watching, too. This is real entertainment.

Greetings everyone - long time lurker in the NWA forum, first time poster. This might not be the type of music you are talking about, but we DO have a pretty great music festival here in Northwest Arkansas. It's called Masque & Veil, and it's going to be on Sept. 13 - 15 this year. This is the third year that we've done this, and it's really grown phenomenally in that time. This year really looks to be big! The music will be in the range of electronic/gothic/industrial.

There will be three nights - the first being djs from around the country, and then two nights of live music - seven bands in all. Headliners on Saturday are Abney Park and The Last Dance. Saturday also includes a meet and greet session at Hastings and a movie screening of The Last Dance's documentary.

The main organizer of the event, Nature Levon, has put tons of work into putting Northwest Arkansas on the map of underground music, and this year it's really going to pay off. We are hoping to move toward more of a convention format in future years, with artists and authors in addition to music.

Check out what we've got coming up for this year at either of these web sites -

http://www.myspace.com/masqueandveilfestival

http://www.masqueandveil.com/

Greetings everyone - long time lurker in the NWA forum, first time poster. This might not be the type of music you are talking about, but we DO have a pretty great music festival here in Northwest Arkansas. It's called Masque & Veil, and it's going to be on Sept. 13 - 15 this year. This is the third year that we've done this, and it's really grown phenomenally in that time. This year really looks to be big! The music will be in the range of electronic/gothic/industrial.

There will be three nights - the first being djs from around the country, and then two nights of live music - seven bands in all. Headliners on Saturday are Abney Park and The Last Dance. Saturday also includes a meet and greet session at Hastings and a movie screening of The Last Dance's documentary.

The main organizer of the event, Nature Levon, has put tons of work into putting Northwest Arkansas on the map of underground music, and this year it's really going to pay off. We are hoping to move toward more of a convention format in future years, with artists and authors in addition to music.

Check out what we've got coming up for this year at either of these web sites -

http://www.myspace.com/masqueandveilfestival

http://www.masqueandveil.com/

Thanks for the info- it's always good to hear about upcoming music shows. It's also good to know that Fayetteville's music scene can still be edgy and appeal to many tastes. I like some of this genre of music- is all of the festival at the Dart Room? Good luck and I hope the festival is a success.

Very exciting stuff. I would've never thought that NWA or anywhere in Arkansas would have any kind of a electronic/goth/industrial scene. Abney Park playing in NWA is quite a shock as they are one of the top goth bands of the last two decades. I may not be able to miss this chance to see them play live. I look forward to that convention format you mentioned.

And what's so great about the Abney Park appearance is that it is completely fan-driven. A group of locals who regularly attend the weekly goth/industrial night all pitched in to raise the money to pay for the five plane tickets to bring in the band. So there's definitely a lot of excitement building about this show!

• 1 month later...

This will be a great week for music in NWA. Gin Blossoms will be at George's Majestic Lounge on Dickson Street Tuesday night at 8:30- remember the song "Hey Jealousy"?

On Thursday night at 7:00 Collective Soul will be at the Arkansas Music Pavillion at the NWA Mall. They've had many great hits including "Shine" and "Heavy".

Air Supply comes to the AMP on Saturday night at 7:00.

These are three major touring acts coming to town in a week's time- I think NWA's music scene is coming of age. I hope the shows are well attended so that others will follow.

This will be a great week for music in NWA. Gin Blossoms will be at George's Majestic Lounge on Dickson Street Tuesday night at 8:30- remember the song "Hey Jealousy"?

On Thursday night at 7:00 Collective Soul will be at the Arkansas Music Pavillion at the NWA Mall. They've had many great hits including "Shine" and "Heavy".

These are three major touring acts coming to town in a week's time- I think NWA's music scene is coming of age. I hope the shows are well attended so that others will follow.

• 1 month later...

The three day electronic/goth/industrial festival, Masque and Veil, starts tomorrow!

Thursday night - DJs from around the country

Friday night - live bands, including Razorwire Halo, Man + Machines, and Spanking Machine

Saturday daytime - meet & greet the Saturday night bands at Hastings - 3:00

Saturday night - MASQUERADE BALL, featuring Vessels of Wrath, Ego Likeness, Abney Park, and The Last Dance!

All three nights will take place at The Dart Room. Lots of work has gone into this event this year, and it should really be great. Cost for all three nights is $35. Friday individually is $15, and Saturday is $20.

See the websites for more information -

www.masqueandveil.com

www.myspace.com/masqueandveilfestival

And the next week - Saturday the 22nd - Assemblage 23 at The Dart Room!

Archived