The Village at Riverwatch

PJA

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

spring 08 thats not that bad only 9 or 10 months away but i thought it was opening early 09. The developers you know want ppl from the masters in 08 or 09 to shop there so i see some incentive to having it built by april. I know i better see atleast 5 or 6 upscale hotels with some nice exterior designs, plus some resturants that are not in augusta. This is amazing that augusta mall is acting like its a mall in la, or manhattan, it made the developers of the avenue close down, & the developers of the forum, & riverwatch push the projects back.

The augusta chronicle is reporting that Barnes and Noble will be one of the new stores at the Augusta Mall. Wasn't that one of the anchors for the village at Riverwatch?

The Chronicle also says that the mall is considering opening a hotel.

full story here:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/062207/bus_133161.shtml

Is this another nail in the riverwatch coffin?

also....the title for this thread is that their web site is up.

Actually, their web site has been down all week. Here is the URL:

http://www.villageriverwatch.com/

The augusta chronicle is reporting that Barnes and Noble will be one of the new stores at the Augusta Mall. Wasn't that one of the anchors for the village at Riverwatch?

The Chronicle also says that the mall is considering opening a hotel.

full story here:

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/062207/bus_133161.shtml

Is this another nail in the riverwatch coffin?

also....the title for this thread is that their web site is up.

Actually, their web site has been down all week. Here is the URL:

http://www.villageriverwatch.com/

• 2 months later...

I don't know, but I want the developers sued for the rape of the land they've performed. They have managed to ruin the canal path around I-20 and what are they going to leave us with? Probably nothing. If they want to build their glorified strip mall and destory the habitat of one of the prettiest areas in the whole state, then at least build it. If not, I say sue them into the ground. If they back out on this then they developed the land under false pretenses. No one would have approved having what amounts to a landfill beside I-20 as people leave Georgia.

I don't know, but I want the developers sued for the rape of the land they've performed. They have managed to ruin the canal path around I-20 and what are they going to leave us with? Probably nothing. If they want to build their glorified strip mall and destory the habitat of one of the prettiest areas in the whole state, then at least build it. If not, I say sue them into the ground. If they back out on this then they developed the land under false pretenses. No one would have approved having what amounts to a landfill beside I-20 as people leave Georgia.

This project is still a go. Who would spend all that time updating the website for a project in question. There is already million of dollars set aside to widen alexander & really widen river watch one of the most expensive ever. I dont think that is a coincidence. Plus evans, martinez, aiken, incomes are to high not for developers to want augusta mall to have competition

• 4 weeks later...

The Dillards in National Hills will close by January of 2008. This makes since because they were supposed to be at the Village at riverwatch by this time so they probably didn't want to resign their lease. Plus National Hills will get ready for their renovation.

• 4 weeks later...

Bad news. It looks like Dillards may pull out of the project. The location at National Hills was supposed to move the The Villages when their lease was up which is in January. They have decided to close the National Hills location in January and focus on their other two metro locations. The two remaining Dillards will probably expand.

The good news for the employees is that they will be spread out over the other two locations.

Bad news. It looks like Dillards may pull out of the project. The location at National Hills was supposed to move the The Villages when their lease was up which is in January. They have decided to close the National Hills location in January and focus on their other two metro locations. The two remaining Dillards will probably expand.

The good news for the employees is that they will be spread out over the other two locations.

I heard Bass Pro was looking for a location but they haven't found the right developement yet. I assumed that they would choose the Village at Riverwatch especially since a third anchor was announced for the location before Dillards pulled out. It was never revealed what that third anchor was but I had a hunch it would be a Bass Pro. I could be wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

A saturated part or rural part of town will only help the city limits get bigger. The suburbs are always going to grow because ppl want less traffic or less noise away from the city. I do think hepzibah/ tobacco rd area, 56, or doug barnard pkwy are prime areas for a major retail anchor.

Does anybody know what the other anchor will be at the riverwatch lifestyle center.

Its going to be a fashion retail anchor i've heard. So Nordstorms, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue ? Could augusta be ready, i know the developers behind the riverwatch know that can't just add a parisians or macys to go up against augusta's mall coach, pf changs, & chop house if they want to compete. They have to give ppl a reason to choose riverwatch over augusta mall. Especially the ppl located in west augusta/evans/martinez who may be the same distance to both. Grovetown/harlem/hephzibah im assuming fall under augusta mall, and North Augusta/aiken will go to riverwatch. That still leaves alot of augusta's metro affluent to decide.

Archived