The Village at Riverwatch

PJA

A saturated part or rural part of town will only help the city limits get bigger. The suburbs are always going to grow because ppl want less traffic or less noise away from the city. I do think hepzibah/ tobacco rd area, 56, or doug barnard pkwy are prime areas for a major retail anchor.

Does anybody know what the other anchor will be at the riverwatch lifestyle center.

Its going to be a fashion retail anchor i've heard. So Nordstorms, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue ? Could augusta be ready, i know the developers behind the riverwatch know that can't just add a parisians or macys to go up against augusta's mall coach, pf changs, & chop house if they want to compete. They have to give ppl a reason to choose riverwatch over augusta mall. Especially the ppl located in west augusta/evans/martinez who may be the same distance to both. Grovetown/harlem/hephzibah im assuming fall under augusta mall, and North Augusta/aiken will go to riverwatch. That still leaves alot of augusta's metro affluent to decide.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But in all honesty the only reason Charleston and Savannah (doesnt have Sak's but does have some other high-end names) have these upscale shops/department stores is because of the well healed tourism the cities get. Augusta is not ready IMO for a Saks or Nordstrom. It would be nice though. Perhaps Augusta will get another department store (along the same lines as Belk or Dillards) that it has never seen before but it wont be Saks.

But in all honesty the only reason Charleston and Savannah (doesnt have Sak's but does have some other high-end names) have these upscale shops/department stores is because of the well healed tourism the cities get. Augusta is not ready IMO for a Saks or Nordstrom. It would be nice though. Perhaps Augusta will get another department store (along the same lines as Belk or Dillards) that it has never seen before but it wont be Saks.

I still doubt it. There is ROOM for another anchor of 150K sq. ft. which is large but I doubt it will be a Saks...sorry if Im so skeptical and I hope you prove me wrong!

There are TONNES of other department stores in the USA that could go there that wouldn't neccesarily be upscale. Dillards, Belks and Macys are not the only mid-range dept. stores out there you know.

Archived