Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bled_man

Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower & 42 Story Condo Tower

1703 posts in this topic

See this on the UP Wiki: Wachovia 48 Story Office Tower

This article confirms that the tower will have blue-green glass, 48 stories tall and nearly 800 feet tall. It also says that the condo tower is 42 stories tall. Too bad they don't have a picture. It also mentions just a few points about the towers sustainable aspects including recycling rainwater and a green roof on the trading floor.

Edit: This is a continuation Wachovia South Tryon Topic. Now that the project has been formally announced please continue the discussions here.

261771138794.jpg06condo.jpg

Ahh so they finally announced it, 48 stories. Anyone got a photo of the rendering?

Forgetting the color of the glass, I think the bigger news here is the announcement of a 42 story condo. Is that new news?

Okay looking back at the article, is THAT the official rendering of the tower. Sure does look like it.

EDIT: okay never mind.....I guess it really is official. The handle looks to have been scaled down but still a big WOW...this is going to be a great additon to the city. Good looking Wachovia! :yahoo:

Much better....looks like a combo of two buildings in atlanta....Terminus and 1180 Peachtree.....it now no longer looks like every in Dallas from the 1980s.

You beat me to it. I couldn't figure out how to post an image in time. But you said it, WOW!!

I remember in august 2005 thinking these renderings were just about to come out. Crazy.

While I like this tower a lot.....I would have preferred the brick art-deco design in the leaked rendering.

For some reason, this tower reminds me of Minneapolis.

Much better....looks like a combo of two buildings in atlanta....Terminus and 1180 Peachtree.....it now no longer looks like every in Dallas from the 1980s.

While I like this tower a lot.....I would have preferred the brick art-deco design in the leaked rendering.

HOLY CONDO TOWER BATMAN!!

I like this much better than the original tiered design.

It looks like it will be in a different location from before, or is that just because of the perspectives they give?

Does anybody know how all of these buildings are going to be laid out on the site? I've tried to figure it out from the pictures but I can't quite place all of the buildings.

I like it a lot. It has a good blend of materials. It also kind of reminds me of the Atlantic (novare) in atlanta

This increase in height makes me believe that the condo market may be a lot stronger uptown than I had originally thought. If the banks are starting to invest money into this, either their higher-ups want to live uptown or they have done their research which has shown strength in uptown living.

This project has really grown from what was first announced.

This should give South Tryon a nice infill to I277. There is not much room available

from Wachovia and I277. A cap over I277 and some high rises south of I277 would look

nice and would give uptown a longer skyline.