It's Official - Iraq War is a Failure

monsoon

I read a story this morning about how a suicide bomber was at a market and lured people over by saying he was seeking people to work for him.

A crowd of people gathered around him that were looking for work when he detonated the bomb.

This is just disgusting. Civil war? Without a doubt.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was all for going in and building a democracy in Iraq. My wife, who spent some time in Saudi, told me that democracy would never take a foothold there because there is a completely different mindset over there. She also said they'd been fighting amongst themselves for years, and always would.

I was hopeful that an exposure to democracy would change that, but I think she was right.

My FIL worked in Saudi and he said that the Saudi government planned to have someone in the White House by 2010. I don't know at what level, but I wondered about Borak...

Well, I was all for going in and building a democracy in Iraq. My wife, who spent some time in Saudi, told me that democracy would never take a foothold there because there is a completely different mindset over there. She also said they'd been fighting amongst themselves for years, and always would.

I was hopeful that an exposure to democracy would change that, but I think she was right.

Since we are no longer doing "Stay the Course", the "Great Decider" has said that we are going to have a "New Way Forward" now. Unfortunately the great decider has decided he can't make any decisions about this right now and needs more time to figure out exactly what a new way forward might be. My guess is that he has not figured out how to repackage stay the course so that it is acceptable to the public.

My FIL worked in Saudi and he said that the Saudi government planned to have someone in the White House by 2010. I don't know at what level, but I wondered about Borak...

Archived