Lesbian Mary Cheney is pregnant!

Charlotteman

The vice president's gay daughter Mary Cheney is pregnant!

Mary and her life partner Heather Poe made the announcement to the dismay and horror of right wing nut cases all over the country. (Ya can't help but LOVE poetic justice!heehee) Evangelical extremists are already attacking her for bringing a child into the world with no father.

But Dick and Lynne Cheney claim they are ecstatic about the birth of their sixth grandchild.

If Dick was so happy about it, then why is he a member of an administration doing everything possible to take Mary and Heather's rights away from them?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I don't expect to see any official acknowledgement from The White House, that would infuriate Bush's base. And the Cheneys will try to duck questions and hide Mary away throughout the pregnancy. I still think they are ashamed of having a gay daughter. If Mary had any sense of loyalty to the gay community, she would have denounced her parent's support of the most homophobic administration in history and left the Party and her family behind.

ehhh.. Republican politicians have no morals. They have no conscience. Just greed. That's it, plain and simple.

If working with people that actively work to take your daughter's rights away will bring more power and money, then so be it!

Dick Cheney doesn't talk about gay marriage much, and he has said that he opposes a ban on gay marriage. But that didn't stop the doofus from pandering to all the bigots for political support.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I don't expect to see any official acknowledgement from The White House, that would infuriate Bush's base. And the Cheneys will try to duck questions and hide Mary away throughout the pregnancy. I still think they are ashamed of having a gay daughter. If Mary had any sense of loyalty to the gay community, she would have denounced her parent's support of the most homophobic administration in history and left the Party and her family behind.

Voyager, I tend to think there's a lot of truth in your statement that if Mary Cheney had any pride or empathy for the gay community she would openly denounce the administration for their anti gay nonsense.

The exact thing you described happened in 1981-84, when then President Reagan's daughter Patti Davis denounced her father's administration for doing all sorts of nutty stuff. After a while she even estranged herself from Ronnie and Nancy out of disgust for her parents' politics. (in case people don't know, Nancy's family was to the political right of Ronnie.)

She made up with her parents later on, but during the 1980s free thinkers all over the country were saying Patti Davis was the best thing about the Reagan administration! Mary Cheney could have just as much of an honorable impact if she would muster up a little courage to take on the republican right wingers.

It should also be noted that Mary, Heather and soon to be baby all reside in Virginia. Which passed one of most restrictive gay bans this year. The measure bans marriage for gays ,civil unions and any other recognized partnerships for gay people. Regardless of who Mary's father is, they will experience the same discrimination. Mary supports a Party that goes out of it's way to be hateful and discriminatory to her future child. How sick is that?

Unfortunately it is evident that Mary Cheney is leading one of the most hypocritical lives imaginable~~~

People have plenty to dislike Newt Gingrich for, but at least he doesn't support the anti gay stance of the republicans----evidently his love for his lesbian sister takes precidence over hack politics. In this regard Dick and Lynne Cheney could learn an important lesson from Newt.

Lynne and Dick Cheney should be out leading the charge for marriage equality! Instead they hide under the yoke of right wing extremism, and go along with the repression directed at their daughter and the gay community (and their future grandchild)

Lynne and Dick Cheney should be ashamed of themselves.

I give you guys props for the optimism, but you are all wishing for it to snow in hell. And that ain't about to happen. I pity Mary Cheney because she is pandering to her father's and his party's interests, so she would get some 'acceptance' of her parents. That is sad within itself because it is very massacistic.

When the baby is born I wonder if Dick and Lynne Cheney will pose for pictures with the baby and the proud mothers? That will be interesting to see. The religious right wing nuts would probably hit the ceiling if pics of that nature end up on the cover of Time or Newsweek!

I tell ya, Dick Cheney has an awkward dance he's going to need to master, to pull this off. Mr.Right Winger himself under attack by the right wingers!!!!!

• 1 month later...

There is a good article about Mary Cheney, her partner and unborn child in the current edition of the Advocate magazine.

They live in Virgina which has the most draconian anti gay marriage statutes in the nation. The author of the article questions whether Mary, Heather and their child will indeed stay in Virginia. According to the laws in that state that claims it is "for lovers", no civil unions can be performed, gay couples cannot adopt, nor see each other in the hospital in emergency situations like other family members.

Surely Mary and Heather won't stay in such a horrible situation. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Mary's life partner Heather shouldn't be able to adopt their child. This seems totally unconstitutional to me!!

Maybe Mary and Heather's situation in Virginia will bring this issue to the front burner. If they start to feel too oppressed in Virgina, maybe their move to a more reasonable state would bring plenty of attention to this UNFAIR situation.

Archived