Uptown Renderings

AuLukey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

CharlotteGameCock, where is that project located? I already created it but I can't figure out where it goes. :dontknow:

Anywho, here's a little bit of an update with Sierra in the place of Concourse, and my rough sketch of what Renaissance could look like (as far as scale.)

CharlotteRendering7-11-07.jpg

CharlotteRendering7-11-072.jpg

This may become the future view on TV of Charlotte during Bobcats games.

CharlotteRenderingfromarena.jpg

Ok, so finally got around to adding in 500 West Trade in place of Polk and refreshing TTT/Epi and the new BOA/Ritz relative to shape, color, and size.

CharlotteRendering7-15-07.jpg

And here is an updated before and after picture:

2007:

Charlotte20077-15-07.jpg

2011(ish):

Charlotte20117-15-07.jpg

500 W Trade adds a lot of depth to the overall skyline and helps make the Vue and Citadin look like part of the main skyline. It's weird, but these two little buildings IMO bring a lot to this city -- that is, if they are built.

Thanks guys, but if it weren't for this forum, I would've never made this. I wish there was a way to put the 3-D model on this forum so you can all see it from every angle. If anybody knows a way to hook this up, I'd be more than thrilled to be able to put that out here.

And as always, if something on here isn't right, feel free to tell me. I want to get this rendering perfect if that's actually possible. I'm still trying to find a way to edit the topography too.

I would open Google Earth then on the link that Luke provided, click "Download to Google Earth" and it should download right to the program. You must have the latest version of Google Earth to do this though.

EDIT: Now that I looked at the link, it doesn't have Google Earth capabilities. Try downloading it to SketchUp and then on the toolbar in SU click place model and it will open it in Google Earth.

• 1 year later...

Aussie

Also have you ever visited http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/ and looked at the diagrams for charlotte. Not sure if you can use anything from here but there are some great renderings of current buildings. Search for Charlotte and it will bring you a list of all the buildings. There are muliple renderings of most buildings. Thought you may find this interesting.

Archived