Uptown Renderings

AuLukey

Fantastic work Aussie! Thanks to everyone making the time to create these intricate maps. Is there any chance we can get these renderings on Google Earth? Does Urban Planet already provide this capability?

BTW: Is this the Carolina Theater Site:

Berkman.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's the same crapy rendering if Trump decides to build on N. Tryon instead, and I found a better Hong Kong building to use for the new Wachovia office tower haha

renderingNewNew.JPG

Delta_USAir -- the 210 trade does fill in pretty good but I'm think I placed too far to the right (most of the building are probably misplaced)

but the building I used though is from Hong Kong but it really does look a lot like 210 from that angle

That's a cool idea to show how a Trump tower would look on N.Tryon and S.Tryon. Personally I think it looks wonderful on the Goodyear site.

I'm lovin' all these future renderings, but I'm wondering is the Vue really gonna be as tall as these drawings depict? I had thought it was gonna be about the height of Wachovia #1 (?) And many of the depictions show 210 Trade as being as tall as the Hearst.

Maybe just wishful thinking on everyone's part:)

I think the reason behind why the Vue looks so tall is both the perspective and the lack of buildings surround it. It looks tall because you have nothing to reference around it compared to Hearst which is right next to BoA making it look small. Next time I'm at my desktop I'll try and get an angle that shows a better representation of this. I used the same scale on Sketch-up for all the models, so as long as the numbers on here and emporis are accurate, those renderings are relatively accurate for heights. Another thing this rendering can't depict is topography, so our overall skyline will not look like this because the ground level altitudes can't be accurately altered, not until I learn more about sketchup.

I finally got Twelve in there and most of the low rise within 277 (but not all.) I tried long and hard but this is the best angle I could find that had the relative heights of each tower from the same perspective.

CharlotteRenderingproportion.jpg

CharlotteRenderingwithlots.jpg

ExtraView.jpg

Aerial.jpg

• 1 month later...

The new One Charlotte Tower looks a bit funny next to my rendition of Trump towers and the WB complex.

CharlotteRendering5-9-07.jpg

But it makes for a nice step down from the east (and I'm assuming from the stadium as well.

CharlotteRendering5-9-07fromeast.jpg

Assuming this tower is 40 stories not including the crown and could possibly receive a lower level LEED rating (as is the trend on that end of town,) I placed it at around 500ft making it about the same height as BoA Plaza. This also helped match it up to the ratio to the Westin shown in their renderings. While not too shabby on its own, it is dwarfed by not only the other planned towers, its pencil-esk shape makes it look proportionally smaller.

Aussie - I was wondering if you could give us the same angle in your model as in the computer rendering of the new one charlotte condo that shows the westin, the jukebox wachovia etc that was released on the announcement. I was thinking that you would probably see Vue Charlotte off in the distant in the void next to the carillion. Thanks

Aussie - I was wondering if you could give us the same angle in your model as in the computer rendering of the new one charlotte condo that shows the westin, the jukebox wachovia etc that was released on the announcement. I was thinking that you would probably see Vue Charlotte off in the distant in the void next to the carillion. Thanks

Sure, I have to take my friend to the airport in thirty minutes, so I'm killing time however I can. I did my best to get all the angles right, but the spacing between towers obviously isn't quite right, I'm not enough of a perfectionist to change the elevation and point of origin to get the view perfect.

Original rendering:

357-0502smithcol290.embedded.prod_affiliate.57.jpg

Same angle with all U/C and planned/rumored towers:

OneCharlotteResidencesRenderingAngl.jpg

The amazing view from the top floor of One Charlotte Residences.

viewfromtopfloorofOneCharlotteResid.jpg

Look towards the west at the stadium from OCR and you get a face full of Trump and/or Wachovia. That view wasn't worth posting on here. While boring right now, the eastern view provides an unobstructed view of the NHOF, which I imagine will be quite colorful at night.

Yea, I think so too. I just kinda plopped it on the deck until they release a rendering showing proximity a little better. Having one picture to work off of for perspective is kinda hard--compared to WB which had about twenty.

Charlotte received a couple of new buildings in Google Earth from what I can tell. It would be great to get most (if not all) of the buildings downtown in Google Earth but it is a start nonetheless:

post-1-1179425066_thumb.jpg

post-1-1179425066_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived