Midtown Target!

hgupta

Was a midtown Target official? Or is it a proposal or speculation? I really had not heard anything on the news in the mainstream media on this. I only saw it here. I was not sure if it was a go. Is there a link? The same goes for Ridgeway Terrace and plans to tear that area down and redevelop it. I guess I'll post a question on that topic at the appropriate discussion page.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schnucks is not a bad store at all - they just really need to bulldoze the midtown store and start all over again. This might (and it is a stretch) pressure Piggly Wiggly to clean up. I am not holding my breath on that one. I'd really like to see a nice flashy Schnucks in midtown with lots of glass and modern design. If not - I'd like to open a store like that under some other banner. I remember Big Star too. They may still be around in some areas.

Schnucks is not a bad store at all - they just really need to bulldoze the midtown store and start all over again. This might (and it is a stretch) pressure Piggly Wiggly to clean up. I am not holding my breath on that one. I'd really like to see a nice flashy Schnucks in midtown with lots of glass and modern design. If not - I'd like to open a store like that under some other banner. I remember Big Star too. They may still be around in some areas.

You're right. I have wondered why they are not using the space that Trousseau (spell?) abandoned. A complete reconfiguration of that lot would bring them a much better storefront and curb-appeal. As it is - you can drive right on by and never even realize you missed the store. A complete shutdown and rebuild wouldn't hurt their business any because they already have such a strong position in the Memphis market.

This Target is going to force some players in the area to clean it on up and that's a good thing.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Memphis would be an interesting market for an IKEA due to the fact that it could draw from Little Rock, St. Louis, Nashville, Jackson. Also, the rail network/airport cargo hub makes a strong case for a location here. However, Tenn is long enough that two IKEA stores could easily be supported.

Archived