land clearing close to BPCC

dingo

havent been by there in a while...last time I was there they were clearing some land...what did they decide to put there? I really hope the school owns that land cause if not then I fear its going to be something tacky like a dollar store snuggled up close to the school

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, there's an enormous chunk of land just outside of Benton that's got a zoning change notification on it. That sign has been there for a while now, as have others along Airline Drive, but my guess is that this cow pasture will soon be a subdivision. It's a beautiful pasture, and one of not very many left out that direction. I saw a teenage boy one day pull his Jeep over on the shoulder of the road, get out, and start sketching the cows and trees in the pasture. I've often also thought it would make for some nice photos. But it's time has come and gone, as the gap between Bossier City and Benton continues to fill in. This pasture is located at the northwest corner where north Airline Drive becomes Palmetto Road at its intersection with Kingston Road.

This wooded area, IMO, actually is a good barrier between the nicer developments closer to Airline and the trailer lots and sleezy hotels down the road. It would be nice to see it develop, but it would be nicer to see Hwy 80 get cleaned up of all those places. I actually made a comment to my wife that it is funny how the Wild Orchid is the nicest place on that part of Hwy 80.

This wooded area, IMO, actually is a good barrier between the nicer developments closer to Airline and the trailer lots and sleezy hotels down the road. It would be nice to see it develop, but it would be nicer to see Hwy 80 get cleaned up of all those places. I actually made a comment to my wife that it is funny how the Wild Orchid is the nicest place on that part of Hwy 80.

I can't place the ghetto are you're referring to... Fountainbleu, maybe? If so, those things aren't extremely bad but they're certainly less than great. I had a friend who lived there a few years ago and his rent was $300/month. He did have some problems, but nothing as bad as say... Swan Lake Apartments.

maybe im wrong, but there was a kmart and right next to that shopping center on the corner of Airline and Texasas you head (south?) towards the new BPCC and the 20/220 intersection that there were some projects there. I want to say its next to a Big Lotts?

also, whats this new ordinace about that you mentioned? Its too bad that they cant make a new rule banning those hourly motels on Texas St.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just wanted to take a moment to welcome "Paul" to Urban Planet. Paul probably isn't a register user, and I'm sure he hasn't posted, but I know he's been reading. Paul is the project coordinator for the Villaggio development in Bossier.

Thanks for letting me know you're out there, Paul. :) It'd be great if you'd register and chime in every now and then.

Sorry to put you on the spot, but sometimes I feel it's important that we are aware that officials with these projects do, in fact, read what's being said on Urban Planet. I can only hope city officials also read Urban Planet.

Thanks...

Brian

• 5 months later...

SBCMetroGuy - Thanks for the friendly welcome. I have been pretty busy and unable to check the site.

I have to agree about the coordination and input this site offers. It is a very valuable commodity. Villaggio is moving along with leaps and bounds and we are excited about the progress on paper and in the field. I will try my best to keep you up to date on the latest Villaggio news as it becomes available. Please let me know if you have any question about the project. [email protected]

PS Villaggio will be sending out some really exciting news about our townhomes, soon. They are going to be beautiful.

SBCMetroGuy - Thanks for the friendly welcome. I have been pretty busy and unable to check the site.

I have to agree about the coordination and input this site offers. It is a very valuable commodity. Villaggio is moving along with leaps and bounds and we are excited about the progress on paper and in the field. I will try my best to keep you up to date on the latest Villaggio news as it becomes available. Please let me know if you have any question about the project. [email protected]

PS Villaggio will be sending out some really exciting news about our townhomes, soon. They are going to be beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Villaggio is moving right along. We have been busy trying to beat the winter rainy season. At this point we have poured about half of the streets in Phase I. We will continue to the inner parking lots upon completion of the streets. We are doing this in order to work through the rain. We are going to stage materials out of the parking lots, and erect from the streets.

Also, Cyber Command is changing the face of Villaggio. The website no longer does the site justice. The main buildings that line main street are about the only things that are the same. The townhomes, office park, and the I20 side of the lake are completely different. We (me) are in the midst of redoing the website to reflect these changes. I'll let you know when it is up.

By the way, if you haven't already, go to the website and sign up for the newsletter.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived