Atwells & Broadway Crossings

eman_revelc

I was sitting around daydreaming at work, and I came up with an idea that I think would do wonders for pedestrian access to Federal Hill. My computer art skills aren't the greatest, and all I have to work with here is MS Paint, but I think this gets the general idea across. I picture part of 95 decked over and made into a nice little park. To accomodate pedestrian flow, there are ped. bridges over Service Roads 7 & 8. As part of the development, a new building would be constructed on the Gulf station site (preferably affordable housing) I'm picturing a 200-250ft tower on the Broadway/SR7 intersection.

What do you think? I'm by no means an urban planner, and I'm even less of an artist :whistling:

atwellsbroad.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks.. As it stands right now, that's the only really unpleasant part of a walk from KP to Venda. I think it would really help tie Fed Hill back with the civic/convention centers. The next part of the project would have to be making the Sabin/Empire/Fountain st deathtrap more pedestrian friendly

• 4 weeks later...

I almost fell down the other day when walking home from work and crossing the Service Road at Atwells, what did I see? A missing walk signal replaced! :shok:

And the red light cameras at Atwells and the Service Road are working. Typically people on the Service Road block the box when trying to get on 95 North during the evening rush. The other day I was waiting to cross, the light turned yellow and traffic actually stopped and did not try to proceed through the blocked box. :shok: When Atwells turned green the box was actually open and traffic was allowed to flow, and I got my walk light and was actually able to use the crosswalk. :shok:

I almost fell down the other day when walking home from work and crossing the Service Road at Atwells, what did I see? A missing walk signal replaced! :shok:

And the red light cameras at Atwells and the Service Road are working. Typically people on the Service Road block the box when trying to get on 95 North during the evening rush. The other day I was waiting to cross, the light turned yellow and traffic actually stopped and did not try to proceed through the blocked box. :shok: When Atwells turned green the box was actually open and traffic was allowed to flow, and I got my walk light and was actually able to use the crosswalk. :shok:

Archived