Projo.com redesign

Liamlunchtray

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone notice their banner graphic? Its a view from college hill looking downtown.

Prominent features include: the state house, the train tracks, and Avalon.

Of all possible banner graphics, of all the beautiful aspects of Providence, is THIS the best they could do?

Anyone notice their banner graphic? Its a view from college hill looking downtown.

Prominent features include: the state house, the train tracks, and Avalon.

Of all possible banner graphics, of all the beautiful aspects of Providence, is THIS the best they could do?

• 2 weeks later...

I now avoid the new site if I can help it.

1. The movie listings are incomplete: they seem to have taken off the "search by theater" function from the old site, and only a handful of movies appear in the list of films.

For local movie listings, I now cobble the information together from several sites.

Phoenix Listings (though this is incomplete, too)

Avon Cinema

Cable Car Cinema

Showcases

2. It's also frustrating that one cannot scan news by region, and must go town by town. I can't remember if this is how it has always been, but it's very labor-intensive and annoying.

Or you can pay .50 for the physical paper, which I am also rarely inclined to do.

1. The movie listings are incomplete: they seem to have taken off the "search by theater" function from the old site, and only a handful of movies appear in the list of films.

For local movie listings, I now cobble the information together from several sites.

Avon Cinema

Cable Car Cinema

Showcases

2. It's also frustrating that one cannot scan news by region, and must go town by town. I can't remember if this is how it has always been, but it's very labor-intensive and annoying.

Or you can pay .50 for the physical paper, which I am also rarely inclined to do.

Thanks for the myway.com tip!

For those of you in/around Westerly--or if you're looking for a movie excursion--there's also: Revival House

They've got food & drinks (beer/wine & non-alc.) and tables in the cinema, where they show repertoire and newer films on a video (DVD) projection screen. I've only been once, but it was very enjoyable.

(Off-topic, I realize, but also not listed in the ProJo.)

Avon Cinema

Cable Car Cinema

Showcases

• 7 months later...

the RSS feeds from the blogs on projo.com (subterranean homepage and 7 to 7) are now only sending excerpts. according to sheila lennon, the company (belo, i assume) wants visitors to go to the site... my assumption is for the ad revenue. i can understand that, but their RSS links don't even work properly. instead of clicking the article link and having it take you to the permalink for the article, it takes you to the main blog page (i think this is only an issue on the 7to7 blog).

i can understand wanting the ad revenue, but at least fix the issues before making it suck even more.

The feeds link to the proper articles for me. Most newspapers only feed excerpts. PBN, The Globe... If dragging people to the site to view the ads means they keep their free archive, then I'm happy.

Archived