Saugatuck's Flying J Truck Stop Controversy

snoogit

I imagine with this new forum, and the fact Saugatuck would fit in best here, its time to bring on the fire! :lol:

I don't know much about the field that Flying J wants to build on, but I do know it seems to fly in the face of the community thats built up around Saugatuck. I never realized how such a small art town of only 1000 people can have such an impact on the tourism of the state, so I think its a good fight the residents are putting on.

Theres so much history in Saugatuck, that echoes through the area that I think would be tarnished with a Truck stop, which seems to defy the local customs of the area. When I think of Saugatuck I don't think of Truckers, and other trucker-related things, I think of it as a quirky town that appreciates its artistic heritage.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see the problem here.

First of all, its not some dumpy truck stop, its a nice travel center that caters to RVs and cars just as much as trucks,

Its a prime location and exit before the US31/I-196 split along a route that many more tourist take than trucks,

Its just EAst of the highway not on the way to town, outside of Saugatuck city limits, so it won't create many taffic problems and if you've ever noticed some of the gas stations and houses near that exit, there are some trashy looking places,

just look at the Lansin area Fllying J and see how nice looking and clean that place is and realize that it would bring in a lot of tax revenue and jobs to that area and fill a void for something thats not in that area

I don't see the problem here.

First of all, its not some dumpy truck stop, its a nice travel center that caters to RVs and cars just as much as trucks,

Its a prime location and exit before the US31/I-196 split along a route that many more tourist take than trucks,

Its just East of the highway not on the way to town, outside of Saugatuck city limits, so it won't create many taffic problems and if you've ever noticed some of the gas stations and houses near that exit, there are some trashy looking places.

Just look at the Lansing area Fllying J and see how nice looking and clean that place is and realize that it would bring in a lot of tax revenue and jobs to that area and fill a void for something thats not in that area

Archived