Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRDadof3

Kalamazoo Promise

7 posts in this topic

Thanks for these links - this is the first I'd heard of this. It seems like a great idea; it will be interesting to see how this plays out with the passage of time.

Brown will step down KPS superintendent says she'll retire

http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/index.....xml&coll=7

She states that her retirement will have no effect on the Kzoo Promise. But I do wonder what kind of effect that will have for Kalamazoo when it comes to find a replacement. Im sure that certainly will be viewed as a major selling point to potential candidates.

Most area schools top state average

Kzoo schools do well and improve on their results. Can any of this be tied to the promise? Nonetheless, I feel its another positive for the area's schools. Nothing helps attract people to the city then well regarded and well performing schools.

There was a nice article regarding the Kzoo Promise that made the front page of Wednesday's USA Today. I can't find a link on their web page but it was a nice article for the city as representatives from several other cities across the country visited the city as they want to attempt to duplicate the system established in Kzoo. The biggest problem for other cities? Finding the cash to set up such a system.