Southwest Michigan Photos

GRDadof3

This aeriel really shows how dense the main section of downtown is and really could be if the Rose and Michigan lot across from the Radisson were developed into something as well as the Lot 9 between the Arcadia Festival Grounds and the buildings fronting East Michigan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This aeriel really shows how dense the main section of downtown is and really could be if the Rose and Michigan lot across from the Radisson were developed into something as well as the Lot 9 between the Arcadia Festival Grounds and the buildings fronting East Michigan

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome photos of an awesome city!

I have questions about two of these photos that hopefully you can answer.

In the first photo what is that glass cylinder under the clock for?

And in this other picture. Since I have only been to K-zoo a couple times I can't figure out where this park is located from the picture. Can you point out some landmarks or directions to help me get my bearings? Where is the picture taken from? The Radisson?

2271191820_22807fe20a_b.jpg

2270399949_1ddfb26297_b.jpg

Edited by Eridony

First Picture, the glass cylinder holds suits for the Radisson Plaza Hotel. At the base is outdoor seating for Burdick's.

As for the second picture, the park is located right next to the museum (center left). You're looking Northeast from the top of the parking deck across from the Radisson. The arch in between the two buildings on the far side of the park shows where Arcadia Creek flows through the opening. That's Borgess Hospital on the hill in the distance.

First Picture, the glass cylinder holds suits for the Radisson Plaza Hotel. At the base is outdoor seating for Burdick's.

As for the second picture, the park is located right next to the museum (center left). You're looking Northeast from the top of the parking deck across from the Radisson. The arch in between the two buildings on the far side of the park shows where Arcadia Creek flows through the opening. That's Borgess Hospital on the hill in the distance.

Nice pictures Tracer! Thanks for doing the legwork and taking the time to post them for us to enjoy. I really like the one of the facade of Kalamazoo Building looking north past the Radison. It shows a contrast in time of about a hundred years, as if I remember right the Kalamazoo Building was constructed around 1900.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 years later...

I'm going to try and refresh this thread.

On 6/23/2007 at 1:15 AM, bneidlinger said:

If I can follow up on a comment from over 13 years ago! (because that is approximately how long for this wish to come to fruition).

At the corner of Rose and Michigan, we'll re-kick it off with a completed photo of The Exchange. This project that was ~9 years in the making wrapped up construction earlier this year. Whether you like it or not, at 15 stories, it is the tallest building built in Kalamazoo since Skyrise Luxury Apartments in 1982. So in 40 years, maybe we'll get another 15-story project :tw_confused:

y4mfY3zqTjOqHplbNp2BO9-j82gp848jwDdIb9qN

Source: Byce & Associates | Instagram

And at the former Lot 9, Catalyst Development's 180 E. Water St. is well-underway -

y4mXr7nfRuiDUNj8MbTj1FN4NF88gMKjl8LKG-6N

Source: my own photo

Edited by deja vu