Muskegon off topic

MJLO

Well I thought i'd start an off topic description because I wanted to throw my two cents in. You can use this topic to talk about whatever you want.(within reason anyway). Since there was nowhere to really say it.

I originally thought that a Muskegon forum wouldn't do much. But just in the last x amount of hours since the creation, Forumers are coming out of the woodwork! I think that's outstanding, I also didn't realize all the developments going on in and around the city.

Kudos Muskegon forumers, you showed me how much I know!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I'll start things off.

This past Saturday I took part in the Holiday Heritage Home Tour in downtown Muskegon. It was great seeing all those old homes on the inside, and they were just as cool inside as they look from the outside. I wasn't sure how many people would be will to pay $10 to look at old houses on a windy December day, but every house I went in was packed with people! Also on the tour was the Muskegon ArtWorks apartments and the WaterMark Lofts. The ArtWorks unit that was open had a nice view of Muskegon Lake, but I think I liked the interior of WaterMark better.

Also I stopped by the Clay Avenue Station and bought another bottle of wine, which has already been consumed.

• 3 weeks later...
I've noticed that the really successful sub-forums have members who contribute a lot of pictures. People like to see things and not just talk about them to death. Also, it took over a year for joedowntown and Allan to get the GR forum up and active. The Muskegon people have to just keep posting any news they can find and hopefully people will find their way here via google searches.

Well I guess you can partially blame me for the lack of photos. I have a substantial number of Muskegon pictures, although none of them are from the last 5 months. However I've never posted pictures online and I've been too lazy to learn. It's on my to do list, but that's a very long list.

Well I guess you can partially blame me for the lack of photos. I have a substantial number of Muskegon pictures, although none of them are from the last 5 months. However I've never posted pictures online and I've been too lazy to learn. It's on my to do list, but that's a very long list.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I don't know where to really post this, so I figured Off-topic was as good a place as any. I don't know the name of this building but it's on Clay and when I was a kid it was a magic shop. As you can see by the photos it is having some work done on it.

1011005891_ae7855483e_o.jpg

1011005907_568f7f51a3_o.jpg

I always thought this would make a really cool corner store (a quality one like Ghezzi's, not a liquor store with bars on the windows) for people in the neighborhood to walk to for basic items that so far can't be purchased downtown. Unfortunately when I looked at the permit they had posted it only said it was for replacing the windows and front door, so I guess my hope of another new business downtown will have to be saved for something else.

Also, this building had a really cool mural of streetcars on the side of the building (the white part), it would be really cool if someone could repaint it since it's almost completely faded away.

Edited by Eridony

Well I don't know where to really post this, so I figured Off-topic was as good a place as any. I don't know the name of this building but it's on Clay and when I was a kid it was a magic shop. As you can see by the photos it is having some work done on it.

1011005891_ae7855483e_o.jpg

1011005907_568f7f51a3_o.jpg

I always thought this would make a really cool corner store (a quality one like Ghezzi's, not a liquor store with bars on the windows) for people in the neighborhood to walk to for basic items that so far can't be purchased downtown. Unfortunately when I looked at the permit they had posted it only said it was for replacing the windows and front door, so I guess my hope of another new business downtown will have to be saved for something else.

Also, this building had a really cool mural of streetcars on the side of the building (the white part), it would be really cool if someone could repaint it since it's almost completely faded away.

• 3 months later...

According to Downtown Muskegon E-News a store called Jilly's Gallery will be opening at 471 W. Western. I'm guessing this will be in the storefront right next to Sun, Wind, and Rain. Having two specialty stores right next to each other should help business with both shops since visitors to one shop will likely go next check out the store nextdoor.

The lighting isn't great, but you can see alot of progress has been made on the building, and it looks like they're still not done. Now they just need a tennant.

1985703556_09f74a9014_o.jpg

Also, I went past Michigan's Adventure and saw a crane and large drill in the park. I figure from their location they are working on the new rollercoaster for the park.