Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

CheeseBurger in Paradise

22 posts in this topic

Looks like the Charlotte area is getting one of these restaurants based on the sign being placed on a new building at Exit 25. This will be the second one in the Carolinas based on their website. The first is in Asheville. Looks like Jimmy Buffett is associated with this chain.

Looks like the Charlotte area is getting one of these restaurants based on the sign being placed on a new building at Exit 25. This will be the second one in the Carolinas based on their website. The first is in Asheville. Looks like Jimmy Buffett is associated with this chain.

I am basing that on what is on their website. They only show the Asheville location in the North Carolina.

I don't think the one in Boone is part of the chain.

^Ahh yeah, I did not think that place in Blowing Rock was part of this chain. There is nothing on Business 321 that looks like the restaurant going up at exit 25. BTW, this will be the first one in NC, not the Carolinas which I mistakenly reported earlier.

I've been to the one in Asheville. It is themed as you would expect (lots of cabana-type decorations) and you can order the "Cheeseburger in Paradise" cheeseburger complete with Heinz 57. It's pretty good, but nothing exceptional.

Birkdale Village, NorthCross, North Regional Library, Village Rider transit stop, CATS Express bus station, Target, Lowes Home Improvement flagship store, Home Depot, Carrabas, Kubuto, House of Tapai, strip mall with Foodlion, two new Harris Teeters, Outback Steak House, Mickey & Mooch, Lowes Foods, shomars, Huntersville Bakery, and a bunch of other similar stuff. Its the main highway to south Lake Norman from I-77.

I ate at the one in Myrtle Beach a few months ago and I thought it was really awful, as did my fellow diners. However, it was packed, so maybe we were the only ones who didn't like it. There are plenty of better burgers in the Charlotte area already.

Hey metro, where is the Huntersville Bakery? I want to go there...had no idea there was one at 25.

It's in the building next to Shomars. I have not been to it so I don't know what they have in there.

My understanding is that its similar to a Planet Hollywood / Hard Rock Cafe... $12 burgers and such.

My understanding is that its similar to a Planet Hollywood / Hard Rock Cafe... $12 burgers and such.

I ate at the one in Myrtle Beach a few months ago and I thought it was really awful, as did my fellow diners. However, it was packed, so maybe we were the only ones who didn't like it.

I ate at the Margaritaville in Myrtle as well in the summer, but I didn't think it was half bad. I actually think we went twice during that time period, and I had a cheeseburger one time and a chicken sandwich the other. I remember both being fairly tasty. I'm not really a Jimmy Buffet fan though, so I can't say I was into the atmosphere. It was a fun place though.

hmmm... interesting. i would imagine this would sum up a jimmy buffett concert as well. @ least to me.

hmmm... interesting. i would imagine this would sum up a jimmy buffett concert as well. @ least to me.

No more cheeseburgers in paradise. Jimmy Buffett's new restaurant in Huntersville has now closed. It's been stripped and boarded up. Don't know if they ever managed to open up another one in the area. I got take out from the place once because due to a gift card, and was flabbergasted at how expensive it was for a rather mediocre hamburger. I guess this is par for the course for these "themed" restaurants.

It is an amazing fall however. The first 6 months or so that it was open there were always people waiting outside to get in to eat this food.

No more cheeseburgers in paradise. Jimmy Buffett's new restaurant in Huntersville has now closed. It's been stripped and boarded up. Don't know if they ever managed to open up another one in the area. I got take out from the place once because due to a gift card, and was flabbergasted at how expensive it was for a rather mediocre hamburger. I guess this is par for the course for these "themed" restaurants.

It is an amazing fall however. The first 6 months or so that it was open there were always people waiting outside to get in to eat this food.