Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strmchsr77

Westside Village

7 posts in this topic

Another large scale mixed use project is coming to west Fayetteville. This one will be located on Rupple Road just south of Wedington or north of the Boys and Girls Club. It will consist of over 350 attached dwelling units and over 71,000 sq ft of commercial/office space. I have not found the designs of this one online but I know that it looks quite similar to Woodstock community. The mixed use buildings will be 3 stories with commercail space on the first floor, office space on the second, and apartments on the third. Also within the 22 acre development there will be attacted twonhouses and rowhouses.

This has already come through the Planning Commission with 100% approval and will come through the city council December 19, 2006.

Here is more info from the agenda packet : Westside Village

Another large scale mixed use project is coming to west Fayetteville. This one will be located on Rupple Road just south of Wedington or north of the Boys and Girls Club. It will consist of over 350 attached dwelling units and over 71,000 sq ft of commercial/office space. I have not found the designs of this one online but I know that it looks quite similar to Woodstock community. The mixed use buildings will be 3 stories with commercail space on the first floor, office space on the second, and apartments on the third. Also within the 22 acre development there will be attacted twonhouses and rowhouses.

This has already come through the Planning Commission with 100% approval and will come through the city council December 19, 2006.

Here is more info from the agenda packet : Westside Village

This sounds good. W. Fayetteville is looking to be pretty hip and happening in the next few years.

I'm glad the city is getting some developments to prevent it from becoming just another endless suburban wasteland.

I was out in the area today and thought that I would see if this project is started and how far along it was. It is located directly east of Rupple Row or just north of the Boys and Girls Club. So it is in a great location. So far, they have gotten alot of dirt work done and have a construction trailor on site. Anyway, here is a picture of the sign describing the development.

1909097180_550a5fce7a_b.jpg

Thanks for the pic Colby. I wish they'd focus a bit more on the Renaissance though.