New Year's Resolutions for 2007

goodbye

Anyone can sit in front of a computer and type, but what else will we as individuals do to make a real difference around Greenville in 2007? This is a serious question expecting a sincere answer. Motivation is often found when we strengthen our resolve ahead of time. It may take a small sacrifice, but the satisfaction of accomplishment is far more rewarding than our preliminary expectation. Step up to the plate, step onto the court, step onto the playing field, get into the game, and "pay it forward." How much do we really love our city? ;)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My goal is to spend more money at local establishments and businesses. Not only dining, and shopping, but also gas purchases (Spinx, Pumpers- which I assume is still locally owned). Of course dining is franchised and can be considered local, so that works for most places. But also, I'll be eating and shopping at more places in the city of Greenville, which can and should make annexation more enticing to a lot of businesses, which may possibly connect the city to residential areas in the county... I do a lot of this already, but I'll build on my efforts to spend money in the city and locally owned businesses, especially downtown.

Also, I'd like to start attending more local events and support Greenville Events' great efforts. Attend Fall for Greenville, US Pro Cycling, Artisphere, etc... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

One of my resolutions includes really putting forth an effort to recruit visitors and new potential residents from other statewide and regional cities. Beyond that, I will include as many places abroad as I end up visiting throughout the year. I will carry a portfolio of photos and information, and hopefully put together an attractive package to deliver on disc to anyone who wants to know more about this wonderful city. Anyone care to add anything to this idea?

One of my resolutions includes really putting forth an effort to recruit visitors and new potential residents from other statewide and regional cities. Beyond that, I will include as many places abroad as I end up visiting throughout the year. I will carry a portfolio of photos and information, and hopefully put together an attractive package to deliver on disc to anyone who wants to know more about this wonderful city. Anyone care to add anything to this idea?

Archived