Traffic in Buckhead

Lady Celeste

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the North/South line is the problem. It's the connection to it. If I want to get to work across the street from Lenox Mall from the Stone Mountain area, I can either get in my car and drive or drive to Indian Creek MARTA, get on a train, get off at 5 points, make sure I get on the correct NB train or get off at Lindbergh to get on the correct NB train, get off at the Buckhead MARTA station, and then walk a few blocks to work.

There is no connectivity of MARTA to any suburb 5 miles off of the rail line. If you had a diamond shaped rail line mixed with the + shaped rail line, I guarantee you the majority of the traffic in the area on any given work day would be reduced by at least 25%. I'm one of those people riding in my truck alone that would choose to take public transportation instead if it were actually quicker and easier to get to work.

Now I understand that public transportation isn't always easy or saves a ton of time, but by the time I actually make it to a train station, I'm half way to work.

Archived