Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Denver Forum?

Denver Forum?   26 members have voted

1. 1. Should we create a Denver Forum?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

Folks, should we create a Denver forum and/or other city forums under Colorado?

Folks, should we create a Denver forum and/or other city forums under Colorado?

I'm starting to like it here... I hope this place doesn't become as political and hostile as SSP.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about that. Behavior that's childish gets taken care of pretty quickly around here.

I know Denver and the area a little and I myself would contribute as much as I could to the forum. I'm a bit hesistant at the moment of starting a Denver section. I say wait a little bit longer.

Hard to say there is really a need when SSP has a huge amount of Denver activity. Besides, I don't even live in Denver so I have little to contribute even at SSP.

Hard to say there is really a need when SSP has a huge amount of Denver activity. Besides, I don't even live in Denver so I have little to contribute even at SSP.

Looking through the Colorado forum, I think we need a Front Range Guy forum LOL.

I'd pay attention more if it came together. I check in here occasionally. I used to follow some southern states which had a good amount of activity and did some posting. I live in CO, but its pretty slow here so I rarely post.

I'd pay attention more if it came together. I check in here occasionally. I used to follow some southern states which had a good amount of activity and did some posting. I live in CO, but its pretty slow here so I rarely post.

okay, heres some recent Denver metro stuff...

My kids have a nice snow playground tunneled out in our back yard. the snow plows are finally getting to my street (I've been able to get around, though) and a few people in my neighborhood are out on there snow mobiles having fun. Some minor inconveniences, but these storms are more fun than not IMO Plus think of the good skiing for next week!!!! :D

The South section here used to be very slow. But a few of the people here, who are now moderators, used to routinely post in that section and it took off.

I voted yes. I'm not a regular poster in the Colorado section, but once we added the Muskegon forum in Michigan it really took off. I think the 'build it, and people will come' mantra certainly works.

Yeah you know, I think I want to change my vote LOL. This place is dead, maybe adding a Denver forum would liven things up. Maybe it won't, but it can't hurt to try.

We could certainly try it. I'm sure we have some Denver lurkers waiting for city representation. But what i've noticed about places like the Muskegon forum, is that initially a bunch of people signed up. However in the weeks since then, traffic has slowed to a crawl as all the newbies have gotten board with inactivity. I fear the same would happen in here. Most of the activity is centered around CO Springs. I fear that a Denver subforum would be as slow as the California cities subforums. Which see almost no activity at all. I question it though. The arguement can be made for Arizona too. But the regulars in AZ have decided to keep it all one forum until a little more momentum builds. The thought, is that the forumers support each other and talk about all the available threads. I'd really like to see a couple more CO regulars before we divide it up. As is the case with all of the west .

Those of us who post here and live in Colorado could do a photo of the day type of thing Timbucktuna. I'm afraid that might just be you and me though... Maybe Teshadoh could contribute pictures from up north?

well guys who knows

Don't be afraid to start those threads on your own. any Ideas you have just go ahead and do. You can't hurt anything. And don't think it'll only always be the two of you. That's not how it always works. Communities always start slow. But don't worry, if you built it, they will come albeit eventually.

Those of us who post here and live in Colorado could do a photo of the day type of thing Timbucktuna. I'm afraid that might just be you and me though... Maybe Teshadoh could contribute pictures from up north?

We don't have to start with Denver if you guys want something different.

Congratulations Brad :)

There's a lot going on in Denver and Colorado Springs both, but there aren't many on this particular forum discussing it, unfortunately. I'd love to see a forum for both cities, as long as there are people out there to support them.

Check out skyscraperpage.com as they have a ton of information on Denver projects. Colorado Springs is represented too, but to a lesser degree.

Check out skyscraperpage.com as they have a ton of information on Denver projects. Colorado Springs is represented too, but to a lesser degree.