New Orleans | Photo of the Day

NCB

That just looks third world. I've never seen projects that look THAT bad.

Part of the New Orleans you never see, and you never want to see in person if you're not familiar with the city. That's part of what makes New Orleans interesting, though not in a very favorable way. You can find yourself standing in the middle of some of the most desired, famous, historic, and vibrant neighborhoods in the nation, but as little as a mile away, you could swear you're looking at something in a third world country.

Very nice photos, Louisiana Thunder! I really like the last pano, you did an awesome job with that one. It looks like you covered quite a large chunk of New Orleans; it was nice to see some "different" views from the city. :thumbsup:

Thx. the pano didn't come out the way I expected it, I had a hard time putting the Quarters section in so I left it alone for now. I went all over the city, the weather was nice, but it started to get hot, I also put on some boots, after walking for hours, urban hiking went down hill. Next time I'll have the right gear and a clean lens. :silly:

Out of all the pics he/she posted, the top one looks the best, although I'm sure that's the inside.

I am a male, the church was open, I took a risk of going inside, (u know burning to a krisp instantly) I haven't been in since I was a teen, but the art work was impressive. I took a few other shots inside.

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral.JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(5).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(4).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(3).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(2).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(1).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Stretches of Louisiana Ave. remind you of St.Charles with all the beauty.

Yes I agree, Louisiana Ave. is extremely pretty in some areas. But much like Saint Charles it is interesting in that only a few blocks from all of that beauty is the center of the projects, the exact opposite in terms of wealth and beauty.

Thx. the pano didn't come out the way I expected it, I had a hard time putting the Quarters section in so I left it alone for now. I went all over the city, the weather was nice, but it started to get hot, I also put on some boots, after walking for hours, urban hiking went down hill. Next time I'll have the right gear and a clean lens. :silly:

I am a male, the church was open, I took a risk of going inside, (u know burning to a krisp instantly) I haven't been in since I was a teen, but the art work was impressive. I took a few other shots inside.

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral.JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(5).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(4).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(3).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(2).JPG

Saint%20Louis%20Cathedral%20(1).JPG

Walked the city day before last. Beautiful sunny day. Walked S. Peters, Tchoup, Magazine, Camp, St. Charles from Iberville to Howard. Love feeling the immediate shift from Fauborg St. Mary to the foreign/euro density of the upper Quarter. Also saw where Tracage will be built; great location.....I'm excited. LOVE the Warehouse district. If I had my druthers, that is where I would live. I had coffee at the outdoor patio of the Board Of Trade Plaza; sat and had a bite to eat within the Piazza D' Italia; crossed thru Place St. Charles while heading towards Carondelet........as well as using the rest room in the food court. And all Ikept thinking was......'This is great URBAN LIVING'. There is much to fight for. To those who will take pics: take pics of the vista of Julia from say......South Peters or Tchoup looking away from the river..........beautiful visual rythym; most lovely from the Emabassy Suites. Also, I think that Lafayette Square is SCREAMING for a beautiful black wrought-iron fence to surround it......like Jackson Square.

Sounds like you had a great day in the city, WRM! You mentioned in another thread that you lived outside of the city, where in the metro area do you live?

Here's a shot of mine, simply titled "9:32"

348507326_45f4a98965_b.jpg

I live in Metairie.....much to my despair. Grew up in River Ridge. I enjoy walking the city. I started this many years ago: I call it the *state of my city*. When one knows the layout of the town.....it's boundaries.....when the neighborhoods are no longer a mystery.....one sees the potential and beauty of what we must fight for..........you have no more fear. Those who slam New Orleans have either never been here or have never ventured past Bourbon Street. Walked mid-city a few weeks back: Canal, Iberville, Bienville, Banks, Palmyra, Cleveland. I was most encouraged by what I saw and felt with my mid-city jaunt. Lot's of street vistas to be recorded there. Thanks for the pics. :camera:

I love just walking around my city as well, you get to see and experience everything, get to know alot of people, find some great small businesses, and really get more familiar with your roots. I enjoyed walking around Uptown and parts of the Broadmoor about a week ago, as it allowed me to see some things for the first time in a long time. I plan on getting out with my camera alot more within the next couple of months, so be on the lookout for plenty of neighborhood pictures from throughout the city. :thumbsup:

I love just walking around my city as well, you get to see and experience everything, get to know alot of people, find some great small businesses, and really get more familiar with your roots. I enjoyed walking around Uptown and parts of the Broadmoor about a week ago, as it allowed me to see some things for the first time in a long time. I plan on getting out with my camera alot more within the next couple of months, so be on the lookout for plenty of neighborhood pictures from throughout the city. :thumbsup:

Your photos are exquisite. We share the same eye for street/urban vistas. Keep em' coming. :thumbsup:

Your photos are exquisite. We share the same eye for street/urban vistas. Keep em' coming. :thumbsup:

Thank you, it's very much appreciated. Photography is just a hobby for me right now, but I love to hear what others think of my work.

Here's one you might like, I took it before the people came out, but it's my personal favorite shot of Royal Street in the Quarter and has been a big hit on my Flickr:

348582298_422753676a_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...