New Orleans | Photo of the Day

NCB

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that one, fla_tiger! Stuff like that is always good to see.

I like to think New Orleans has a pretty good relationship with Baton Rouge, but there is certainly some animosity between the residents of both cities, which is a shame. It's very common for some New Orleanians to look down on Baton Rouge, especially those who have long family history in this city. I, however, never followed with that thought process. Baton Rouge has its nice spots and its bad spots, just like any other city, and I always enjoy my time there. And as capital of this great state, it will always have my support. :thumbsup:

Amen to that brethren! I have had the chance to meet some really cool people from New Orleans that now live here who would not otherwise had the chance to meet. It's been very nice IMO. There is good and bad everywhere like Nate said.

I tell them all the 225-504 thing is foolishness. We got War going-on all-over the Middle East. Many of them hate us; we got to get along here in our own country and state.

Thanks for the props Uptown for BR. BR is New Orleans "lil' cousin'".

It not uncommon for a state's two largest cities to have a "rivalry".

It has been going on over in Texas for years between Dallas and Houston. What makes the NO-BTR different is the extremely close proximity of the two cities. I agree with richeyb that Katrina has made us all more familiar with the other and yes there have been problems, but very few, if any, state could have handled the unprecedented damages caused by that disaster.

Edited by fla_tiger

I'm all too familiar with the Dallas/Houston rivalry. Some people from Houston hate on Dallas because the city is finally getting it's shine & because Dallas is seen as bougie (modern vernacular for conceited), likewise many Dallas folks hate on Houston folk because Houston thinks it's the bigger and better city. Taking it a step further, fistfights between Dallas & Houston youngsters have been known to occur.

Now, this photo of Poydras Street (literally) may not mean much to some of you, but for the other heavy travelers of the downtown streets, this is a beautiful sight. New ashphalt! It was horribly needed, and now Poydras from Rampart all the way down to the river is newly-paved. I'm sure work will continue on up to and past the Dome this week as well. :thumbsup:

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

I wouldnt worry about that. Too much money was just spent on the current Supreme Court to even consider moving. But hey this guys from Shreveport, most of the time I wish they were part of texas!

I completely agree, with respect to the court and with respect to Shreveport. Jeez...several of S-port's downtown streets are named for Texas war heros.

The world famous, (or is it infamous?) stretch of Bourbon Street in New Orleans' Vieux Carre:

467421544_0997980781_b.jpg

Beautiful pic of Bourbon. When I worked for one of the tour companies for a couple of years, I would always tell visitors looking for Bourbon during the daytime to start down down Royal, go down as far as possible.....preferreably to Esplanade.....then walk UP Bourbon towards Canal. One then sees the residential aspect as well as the visual rythym that is missing from the opposite end....at least during the day.