Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexy

Updated Nashville Skyline Picture

23 posts in this topic

Well, I have a few more pics from The Gulch and other places that I may post soon. But in the mean time, here is a panoramic I shot from Olympic Ave. just south of downtown today.

Enjoy.

Scroll---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

71426230.BePRiNN1.anashvillepan1.jpg

Sure is nice to see that SunTrust is starting to rise and will soon block out that ugly arse parking garage from this view.

Sure is nice to see that SunTrust is starting to rise and will soon block out that ugly arse parking garage from this view.

Boy, I'd sure love to see some of these buildings get painted a different color!! From this angle theres only 3 buildings (out of about 15!!!!!) that arent' freaking beige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job, Lexy.

As I look at that pic, I keep thinking what a shame it would be if the old (brown brick) buildings such as the James Robertson were to be demolished. They add so much "texture" to the DT skyline view especially from the southern and northern angles.

when can expect the big implosion of the current fed. courthouse, i'll take military leave to see that mess, whooo!

Here is another one I shot this morning. IT'S HUGE!!!! LOL!!!

Scroll-------------------------------------------------------------------->

original.jpg

lexy, i see your from the boro, so am i, im comin home for x-mas, when can we meet and discuss these awesome pictures, id love it. THAT IS ON DAMN FINE PICTURE, loving it, absolutely loving it, our big city is so special

LOL! I'm game the day after Christmas for any type of meetings.

Thank you for the kind words.

LOL! I'm game the day after Christmas for any type of meetings.

Thank you for the kind words.

That picture really illistrates how massive, in terms of land area, our skyline is. It's SO spread out! In that picture you can see all the Gulch, DT, West End, and Music Row, and it really shows how spread out it is! Great shot, where was it from?

PS. If you've never been, one of my favorite views of Nashville is off the parking garage at Belmont.

reednavy05- We'll see what happens closer to the day. I use a Canon Powershot S2 for all the shots on here. It will run you around $200-300 for one. I use it when I don't want to use my Nikon D80 SLR. That camera, the Nikon, will run you around $1500 without a lens and $2000 with a lens, so you see why I use the little Canon a bit more.

franktown-I have been up there before and shot a pic from there, just not recently. I may have to go back again soon! I shot this from 744ft up on the top of Love Circle Hill.

That picture really illistrates how massive, in terms of land area, our skyline is. It's SO spread out!

Great shots, Lexy. I loved the first one, but the second one was even better. I love seeing lots of cranes in the pictures!

Wow, Lexy, that is one impressive photograph. You need to start making prints to sell. I bet if you showed up at a local frame shop with a handful of those, they'd give you some wall space in no time.

When I went to the Titans-Colts game, I noticed that there is an awesome view of the cranes from the south side of the stadium...

Looking towards SoBro, it appears as if there is a cascade of cranes from SoBro to the Gulch, and even out towards Vandy. Lexy, you should get that shot before the buildings really start to rise...

I think the best vantage point is between Shelby St. and the southeast corner of the stadium. Go take a look if you have time!

Awsome Picture!! I am really impressed with the way you captured Vanderbilt. That is one dense cluster of medical/research buildings there!

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words.

Any vantage point that hasn't been covered by me, will be in the near future. So hold on! LOL!!!

Great job Lexy as always. Keep em coming. With my new venture coming up in the construction industry, I may be able to get shots from some of the newer high rises going up. It all depends how many contracts we can get over the next couple of years. I would love to be in the construction crew at the Signature. Those would be some great shots.

Great job Lexy as always. Keep em coming. With my new venture coming up in the construction industry, I may be able to get shots from some of the newer high rises going up. It all depends how many contracts we can get over the next couple of years. I would love to be in the construction crew at the Signature. Those would be some great shots.

Are you starting a new business Smeagolsfree? If so, I wish you good luck with it! I have a lot of admiration for entrepreneurs, and I hope to start a company of my own some day.

is it just me or is the James K Polk Bldg. the odd topped black and silver stripped one a little taller than the City Center? City Center is listed as 402ft., yet JKPB is 392, wtf? Technically roof line hieght was good, but the TOP OF THE DAMN BUILDING is the top of the building, regardless of wtf is on top. lets get a remeasurement and add JKPB to the 400 plus club.