Updated Nashville Skyline Picture

Lexy

Well, I have a few more pics from The Gulch and other places that I may post soon. But in the mean time, here is a panoramic I shot from Olympic Ave. just south of downtown today.

Enjoy.

Scroll---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

71426230.BePRiNN1.anashvillepan1.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, I'd sure love to see some of these buildings get painted a different color!! From this angle theres only 3 buildings (out of about 15!!!!!) that arent' freaking beige!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That picture really illistrates how massive, in terms of land area, our skyline is. It's SO spread out! In that picture you can see all the Gulch, DT, West End, and Music Row, and it really shows how spread out it is! Great shot, where was it from?

PS. If you've never been, one of my favorite views of Nashville is off the parking garage at Belmont.

reednavy05- We'll see what happens closer to the day. I use a Canon Powershot S2 for all the shots on here. It will run you around $200-300 for one. I use it when I don't want to use my Nikon D80 SLR. That camera, the Nikon, will run you around $1500 without a lens and $2000 with a lens, so you see why I use the little Canon a bit more.

franktown-I have been up there before and shot a pic from there, just not recently. I may have to go back again soon! I shot this from 744ft up on the top of Love Circle Hill.

When I went to the Titans-Colts game, I noticed that there is an awesome view of the cranes from the south side of the stadium...

Looking towards SoBro, it appears as if there is a cascade of cranes from SoBro to the Gulch, and even out towards Vandy. Lexy, you should get that shot before the buildings really start to rise...

I think the best vantage point is between Shelby St. and the southeast corner of the stadium. Go take a look if you have time!

Great job Lexy as always. Keep em coming. With my new venture coming up in the construction industry, I may be able to get shots from some of the newer high rises going up. It all depends how many contracts we can get over the next couple of years. I would love to be in the construction crew at the Signature. Those would be some great shots.

Great job Lexy as always. Keep em coming. With my new venture coming up in the construction industry, I may be able to get shots from some of the newer high rises going up. It all depends how many contracts we can get over the next couple of years. I would love to be in the construction crew at the Signature. Those would be some great shots.

is it just me or is the James K Polk Bldg. the odd topped black and silver stripped one a little taller than the City Center? City Center is listed as 402ft., yet JKPB is 392, wtf? Technically roof line hieght was good, but the TOP OF THE DAMN BUILDING is the top of the building, regardless of wtf is on top. lets get a remeasurement and add JKPB to the 400 plus club.

Archived