Lake Express Port

joeDowntown

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your thoughts Larry. I was giving my perception as a tourist who rarely, if ever, visits Muskegon. While I disagree with you on Muskegon's port being more welcoming (the haphazard parking around the boat warehouses is by far my biggest complaint), I'll have to give the Lakeside neighborhood a closer look next time.

Joe

Well, the ferry terminal ended up in Lakeside, because a lease agreement could not be worked out for a downtown location. The terminal required a minimum amount of land, adequate dockage, parking and an affordable lease for a building completed within the timeframe of Lake Express.

I don't think of Lakeside as dilapitated. It is actually a pretty nice neighborhood, and I think the Muskegon terminal is actually more welcoming than the Milwaulkee side.

Thanks for your thoughts Larry. I was giving my perception as a tourist who rarely, if ever, visits Muskegon. While I disagree with you on Muskegon's port being more welcoming (the haphazard parking around the boat warehouses is by far my biggest complaint), I'll have to give the Lakeside neighborhood a closer look next time.

Joe

Archived